I'm making a 4:4:4/4:2:2 16/14/12/10-bit codec for Canon DSLR's

ethanz

1DX II
CR Pro
Apr 12, 2016
ethanzentz.com
Don Haines said:
Mariandvd said:
I don't think that this project is tangibile. We have a bunch of information but when you filter that out to check if it is true you are left with nothing. It is like searching for gold. I am not interested in this anymore because i may soon buy a camera that has all this features.

Not tangible?

Not tangible?

This is imaginary...... pure fiction..... about as real as Harvey the rabbit.... I thought (hoped) that everyone knew that this thread was pure imagination.... science fiction..... The idea of a magic codec that will work on every camera and make the hardware do things that it was never designed for is, well, silly.

orly.jpeg

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
"The AP reported today that gullible members of various internet camera forums had their cameras bricked by the dangerous Canon't virus when they downloaded what they were told was a revolutionary new video codec. John McAfee's company is now working on antivirus software for cameras. A cyber terrorist going by the moniker "HarryFilm", with reported ties to Sony, is being investigated by Homeland Security and Interpol."

Disclaimer: Just kidding Harry.

Upvote 0
CanonFanBoy said:
"The AP reported today that gullible members of various internet camera forums had their cameras bricked by the dangerous Canon't virus when they downloaded what they were told was a revolutionary new video codec. John McAfee's company is now working on antivirus software for cameras. A cyber terrorist going by the moniker "HarryFilm", with reported ties to Sony, is being investigated by Homeland Security and Interpol."

===

Technically, the codec itself is DONE as of today! AS IN RIGHT NOW!

We are going to be contacting a few camera makers and software companies FIRST....WHICH INCLUDES Canon, Sony, Nikon...AND...Microsoft, Google, Amazon, facebook etc. to see if THEY want to BUY us since THE CODEC IS AWESOME !!!!!

It does EVERYTHING !!!! Real-time multi-stream Metadata, INCREDIBLE editing-friendly and low-cpu-horsepower playback-friendly INTRA-FRAME and INTER-FRAME encoding and playback at ANY Resolution from 16x16 pixels up to 65536 by 65536 pixels at 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 and even 32 bits per colour and alpha channel...It has BETTER visual quality than HVEC/MP4 at a BETTER compression ratio.....so we saw the light and decided to try and make a BUCK OR BILLION off of this codec technology....Money $$$ Talks! AND we also have a ANOTHER PLEASANT SURPRISE for the buyers but we can't tell you unless under we have an ironclad NDA....

It is FULLY chippable on a pure ASIC, an FPGA, or as executable microcode in a BIOS for ARM, x86, SPARC, IBM POWER and other CPU cores (i.e. it is also Multi-core, multi-CPU and multi-GPU/DSP-friendly) having BUILT-IN FULLY ENCRYPTED MULTIPLE image data and ENCRYPTED multiple metadata streams!

We suddenly saw just how valuable this IP (Intellectual Property) is and SINCE we use NO OPEN SOURCE CODE AT ALL being all proprietary and designed FULLY in-house, using NO 3rd party code libraries, it is UNLIKELY that any legal challenge can be made (we did due diligence on all current codecs.) This is means to YOU CANON, SONY, MICROSOFT, et al...

DO MAKE US A CASH OFFER WE SIMPLY CANNOT REFUSE !!!!!

We will be contacting y'all within two weeks.....

And for the REST OF YA...WE KNOW SOMEONE will buy us...but we don't know who just yet...wait for the news announcements coming soon.....

Yes we know this is a complete 180 degree turnabout from our previous freeware/open source position...but in this case WE ARE VERY HUNGRY DEVELOPERS who need to make some bucks and feed our families, SOOOOOO.....we decided to find some buyers for our technology....ANYWAYS....do keep watching here for some more announcements to be made within one to two weeks! -- We DO have a software-surprise for you here on CanonRumors which will make his change more bearable...

Upvote 0

brad-man

Semi-Reactive Member
Jun 6, 2012
S Florida
HarryFilm said:
CanonFanBoy said:

===

We are going to be contacting a few camera makers and software companies FIRST....WHICH INCLUDES Canon, Sony, Nikon...AND...Microsoft, Google, Amazon, facebook etc. to see if THEY want to BUY us since THE CODEC IS AWESOME !!!!!

It does EVERYTHING !!!! Real-time multi-stream Metadata, INCREDIBLE editing-friendly and low-cpu-horsepower playback-friendly INTRA-FRAME and INTER-FRAME encoding and playback at ANY Resolution from 16x16 pixels up to 65536 by 65536 pixels at 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 and even 32 bits per colour and alpha channel...It has BETTER visual quality than HVEC/MP4 at a BETTER compression ratio.....so we saw the light and decided to try and make a BUCK OR BILLION off of this codec technology....Money $$$ Talks! AND we also have a ANOTHER PLEASANT SURPRISE for the buyers but we can't tell you unless under we have an ironclad NDA....

It is FULLY chippable on a pure ASIC, an FPGA, or as executable microcode in a BIOS for ARM, x86, SPARC, IBM POWER and other CPU cores (i.e. it is also Multi-core, multi-CPU and multi-GPU/DSP-friendly) having BUILT-IN FULLY ENCRYPTED MULTIPLE image data and ENCRYPTED multiple metadata streams!

We suddenly saw just how valuable this IP (Intellectual Property) is and SINCE we use NO OPEN SOURCE CODE AT ALL being all proprietary and designed FULLY in-house, using NO 3rd party code libraries, it is UNLIKELY that any legal challenge can be made (we did due diligence on all current codecs.) This is means to YOU CANON, SONY, MICROSOFT, et al...

And for the REST OF YA...WE KNOW SOMEONE will buy us...but we don't know who just yet...wait for the news announcements coming soon.....

Yes we know this is a complete 180 degree turnabout from our previous freeware/open source position...but in this case WE ARE VERY HUNGRY DEVELOPERS who need to make some bucks and feed our families, SOOOOOO.....we decided to find some buyers for our technology....ANYWAYS....do keep watching here for some more announcements to be made within one to two weeks! -- We DO have a software-surprise for you here on CanonRumors which will make his change more bearable...

Here you go:

Attachments

• monopoly.jpg
    monopoly.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 153
Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
So, no magic codec?

71f8cceadc80914704321234a216707b.jpg

----

Ooookaaay!!!! The codec IS coming BUT it may now require being paid for...we have ALREADY had interest from a few parties and the monetary numbers being bandied about are starting to get quite a bit upwards, surprising even ourselves....making it VERY WELL WORTH OUR WHILE....!!!!

I'm looking at a nice new Bell 429 GlobalRanger for my daily driver now.....I no longer have to worry about the grid-lock traffic any more....THANK YOU !!!

Upvote 0
Don Haines said:
HarryFilm said:
I'm looking at a nice new Bell 429 GlobalRanger for my daily driver now.....I don;t have to worry about the traffic any more....THANK YOU !!!

Come on Harry, that is so beneath you....

A man of your programming skills should be able to attach a cloud of drones to an armchair, program them to work together, and have a flying armchair (don't forget the cup holder)! Now that would be cool!!!!!

---

That's my friend's company for who I do paid-in beer and steak consulting work for! He personally is going to do the multi-drone thing carrying a platform with a sofa, flatscreen AND BEER FRIDGE aboard! We will all be watching though and I will be watching from above in the Global Ranger ... gotta finish my Rotary training though!

Hmmm....I wonder if there are any spare on-the-market Su-35 Flanker-E's I can buy for my own use now? Vancouver to Calgary in 30 minutes and Vancouver to Toronto in 2.5 hours for a Blue Jays or Raptor game! And yes I WILL be the pilot...you can be the passenger yelling and screaming in terror....

Upvote 0
Don Haines said:
HarryFilm said:
Don Haines said:
HarryFilm said:
I'm looking at a nice new Bell 429 GlobalRanger for my daily driver now.....I don;t have to worry about the traffic any more....THANK YOU !!!

Come on Harry, that is so beneath you....

A man of your programming skills should be able to attach a cloud of drones to an armchair, program them to work together, and have a flying armchair (don't forget the cup holder)! Now that would be cool!!!!!

---

That's my friend's company for who I do paid-in beer and steak consulting work for! He personally is going to do the multi-drone thing carrying a platform with a sofa, flatscreen AND BEER FRIDGE aboard! We will all be watching though and I will be watching from above in the Global Ranger ... gotta finish my Rotary training though!

Hmmm....I wonder if there are any spare on-the-market Su-35 Flanker-E's I can buy for my own use now? Vancouver to Calgary in 30 minutes and Vancouver to Toronto in 2.5 hours for a Blue Jays or Raptor game! And yes I WILL be the pilot...you can be the passenger yelling and screaming in terror....

I'll fly along beside you in "206".....

----

Ironically, I was looking at a Bell 206 today in Langley BC...the seats are too small for me with the 429 had MUCH MORE seat and headroom (rode in it last week!) AND has a fully glass cockpit. Hopefully, I get to put the order in within the next two weeks!

Upvote 0
HarryFilm said:
===

Attachments

• 13rouc.jpg
    13rouc.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 349
Upvote 0
Don Haines said:
Orangutan said:
tron said:
So Harry one way or the other you are a LIAR :)

But he started as an entertaining liar.

But he has a promising future.... one day he could be the Prime Minister of Canada, or if he holds a Kenyan birth certificate, the President of the United States......
I'm sure Harry could fabricate a world-class birth certificate for any country in the world, then build a fleet of tiny AI robots to sneak copies into their records centers, libraries and other document repositories, thereby creating a plausible, decades-long history to support his claim of citizenship.

Upvote 0