Issues with the R5 1.5.0 firmware?

Had
So here’s an update I hope someone with a deeper technical understanding of software can shine some light on.

I’ve up- and downgraded my R5 several times and decided not just stick to 1.4.0, but send it to Canon and they can fix it while still under warranty. So, for the sixth time, I upgraded to 1.5.0 and was going to send it in, just wanted to take some shots and yet again confirm the issues. When it suddenly just works. I have no idea why, I’ve done the process the same as always and now it’s really, really good, a solid upgrade from 1.4.0.

Can it be bugs in the installation part of the firmware?
the same issue. AF refused to work, just got the terracotta red frame. Then, played with the settings turning things in and off, and it just started to work again. Well, mostly. It still has issues trying to auto focus on plains (like a table top) which it didn’t before, but picks up objects brilliantly.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2010
Update to the above: I'm getting some really soft images using the AF face tracking. The blue box foxes on the eyes but maybe only 1 in 10 is a keeper. Can anyone let me know if this is a known issue with 1.5 or whether I need to send my camera back to canon?
Try to update to 1.5.1 or revert to 1.4.0 and back to 1.5.0.

Upvote 0