Luminar AI

Hector1970

CR Pro
Mar 22, 2012
Hi all
Has anyone else downloaded Luminar AI yet?
I've not spent that long messing with it but am I missing something?
It seems to be Luminar 4 with some additional presents which are completely hit and miss and all end up with an artificial looking image.
Anyone impressed with it?
I can't find any reviews except for pretend reviews which are for affiliated purposes. No proper reviews seem to be up yet.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Mar 25, 2011
I finally downloaded it and fired it up. It was a bit difficult to find any instructions. I've never used Luminar 4, so I can't compare and finding my way thru the menuing system is a learning experience. So, I'm not really qualified yet to say how useful it is. I did note that it is slow to start up, and hangs or takes forever to export while sending a photo to SmugMug works fine.

I did find some of the control effects interesting as opposed to adjusting individual colors and contrast in Lightroom.

With Christmas so near, I may not have much time to learn, but my idea of getting it to speed up production seems like a miscalculation. I have yet to try applying it to entire folders and haven't had much opportunity for any new production work.

Upvote 0

JPAZ

If only I knew what I was doing.....
CR Pro
Sep 8, 2012
Southwest USA
Some of the tools are helpful. Luminar, for me, is not a replacement for LR / PS (but that opinion is coming from someone who is comfortable with and makes use of the Adobe products as a first line workflow).

I really want to like Luminar. I use it as a supplemental tool, at times, because the AI based functions like "Erase" or Sky Replacement work well and are easier to perform than when I do the same tasks with Photoshop. The biggest downside, for me, is that the software is a "resource hog" and runs painfully slowly on my Windows 10 machine (not the newest but still an i5 chip) despite 32 of memory and an SSD.

Upvote 0