New PowerShot G17 Coming in Spring [CR2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the G16 is officially discontinued and the last of the stock is selling off at decent prices. Where's the G17 announcement? it seems clear (at least to me) the big sensor rumours for a G17 were likely the G3X.

Why am I asking? I bought a G16 and ruined it in a sailing adventure (water). Lucky enough to have credit card insurance pay for it so do I buy another G16 before they're all gone or wait for a G17. I actually asked Canon Canada that question and they wouldn't/couldn't say what was coming (not surprisingly). The G3X is just way to big for me, G7X doesn't have enough zoom and no viewfinder (screens just don't work in really bring sunlight), G16 was in a sweet spot...

Upvote 0
Yes and no as the specs are not lining up.

All of the rumor announcements have indicated a much faster lens than what's on the G3X.

Vista said:
So the G16 is officially discontinued and the last of the stock is selling off at decent prices. Where's the G17 announcement? it seems clear (at least to me) the big sensor rumours for a G17 were likely the G3X.

Why am I asking? I bought a G16 and ruined it in a sailing adventure (water). Lucky enough to have credit card insurance pay for it so do I buy another G16 before they're all gone or wait for a G17. I actually asked Canon Canada that question and they wouldn't/couldn't say what was coming (not surprisingly). The G3X is just way to big for me, G7X doesn't have enough zoom and no viewfinder (screens just don't work in really bring sunlight), G16 was in a sweet spot...

Upvote 0
What makes you think the G16 has been discontinued?

Vista said:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.