Options Menu for Auto ISO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BL

Great gear is good. Good technique is better.
Jan 3, 2011
Hi all,

Using auto ISO has been somewhat frustrating because it keeps locking my shutter speeds at 1/30, no matter what the lighting conditions are. I'm finding that I need to keep my shutter speeds up with the 22mm pancake since it's became all too apparent that I'm not as stable a platform as I am with my 5D.

Is there an option to change min shutter speeds, or any other parameters? I looked in the manual and it didn't say much about the AUTO ISO feature.

Thanks in advance!

Jul 21, 2010
The EOS M does not have the setting for minimum shutter speed in Av mode that other recent Canon bodies feature. It's dropping you to 1/30 s because of the 1/focal length (x1.6 in this case) rule that Canon uses as a minimum shutter speed in Av mode (once it gets to 1/focal length, it starts raising the ISO).

However, the M does have a functional Auto ISO in manual mode, so I'd recommend using your M in M (mmm, I want candy for some reason), picking the aperture you want and the shutter speed you need depending on the movement of your subject(s), then let Auto ISO set the exposure.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.