Preorder Skylum’s Luminar 4 and get one year of SmugMug free

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Skylum’s highly anticipated Luminar 4 is now available for preorder and will be released on November 18, 2019.
Pre-orders include a bonus one-year plan to SmugMug (worth US$180) and costs US$79 for a new purchase and US$69 for an upgrade. When released on November 18, the price will jump to US$89 new and US$69 for an upgrade.
Luminar 4 includes the new AI Sky Replacement feature, which in our testing I found worked extremely well. Also added is the new AI Skin Enhancer and Portrait Enhancer.  Learn more about Skylum Luminar 4

Continue reading...

HikeBike

R6
CR Pro
Feb 6, 2019
Maryland, USA
Is it confirmed that the new one (Luminar 4) will not support .CR3 RAW files? If so I agree with you that it would be disappointing.
Once I realized v3 didn't support .CR3, I shot a message to their support folks asking if the initial release of v4 would support it. They said no, but they plan to support it in the future. Got my money back.

Upvote 0

Thanhha

EOS R
Jul 24, 2019
I have a question. I have heard of DNG. Is there an advantage to converting? Thank you.
DNG is like an "universal" raw image format developed by Adobe. Once converted to DNG, your raw file can be read by many program, even if they don't support your native raw format. The disadvantage is the conversions takes more time of your workflow.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
DNG is like an "universal" raw image format developed by Adobe. Once converted to DNG, your raw file can be read by many program, even if they don't support your native raw format. The disadvantage is the conversions takes more time of your workflow.
Yes it was nice idea that has been implemented horribly and has not gained industry acceptance. Very few image centric programs that can read the DNG format can't read your RAW file, even mobile devices can generally deal with RAW files especially from volume camera sellers like Canon. But this article, where the author used to recommend conversion, is a good list of why to now NOT convert to DNG.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

HikeBike

R6
CR Pro
Feb 6, 2019
Maryland, USA
Luminar Developers, from what I have read, are working their best to implement the support of .CR3 file format this Fall.
I'm hoping that's the case. I'm skeptical, because in their forums they have been saying they'll add CR3 support in the future, but there's no ETA. Users haven't taken kindly to the "no ETA" part of this, which has been repeatedly stated for the past year and a half.

Upvote 0