R6 or R7?

HikeBike

R6
CR Pro
Feb 6, 2019
Maryland, USA
In my opinion, the R6 is such a step up from previous bodies, I'd have a really hard time returning it over only the rumor of an R7 (especially with chip delays).

I agree with the previous posts here...keep the R6, as long as it doesn't prevent you from creating the type of photos/videos you want to create.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
To me personally, the R6 is the 7 series RF camera. Plus, based on the current climate, even if an R7 eventually released (could be soon, could be never) you' have trouble even getting one.
The R6 has a low density sensor, which is fine for much full frame work, portraits, sport etc, but not so good for wild-life photography when you need reach. The R7 as an APS-C will have a high density sensor which is what the wild-life photographers want for reach.

Upvote 0
The R6 has a low density sensor, which is fine for much full frame work, portraits, sport etc, but not so good for wild-life photography when you need reach. The R7 as an APS-C will have a high density sensor which is what the wild-life photographers want for reach.
Thanks-I'm shooting landscape, portrait and a bit of sport so R6 suits my needs.

Upvote 0
Return it, buy an R5 and shoot it in crop mode and you have the essence of what the R7 will most likely be. Just my opinion.
As @AlanF mentioned, APS-C sensor will be high density.
My opinion is that the 7D II had the same IQ of the 5Ds. The main advantage of the 7D II was speed and dollars.
With the R5's speed a R7's greatest advantage may be mostly dollars.

Last edited:
Upvote 0