Is Canon R6 MkII discontinued? No it is not.

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
According to Canonwatch.com the Canon R6 MkII production has been discontinued.

Canon R6 Mk2 Discontinued

For a camera that was released in Nov 2022, this seems like a very short life cycle. I would have expected at least a two year production cycle, but then again what do I know.
A 2 years cycle for the 6 series sounds fast to me, but I’m not the target market :)
Maybe they made room for the R1 and R5II on the R6II line and will reallocate the lines again in a few months.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
A 2 years cycle for the 6 series sounds fast to me, but I’m not the target market :)
Maybe they made room for the R1 and R5II on the R6II line and will reallocate the lines again in a few months.
They'll put the R6ii firmware in the R5, put in a physical mode dial and remarket it as the R6iii, and simultaneously bring out an R5iii with a 60 Mpx sensor and electronic mode dial.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
They'll put the R6ii firmware in the R5, put in a physical mode dial and remarket it as the R6iii, and simultaneously bring out an R5iii with a 60 Mpx sensor and electronic mode dial.
If that happens, we'll find out if my infatuation with the electronic mode dial is worth the €1500 price difference :)

Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2015
Ahahah, people just need to go back to the source, saying, it is the 6D Mark II being discontinued.
It really shows how clickbait articles are made and people reading them instantly jump on baseless rumours.

A replacement for the R6 Mark II is probably several years away.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

john1970

EOS R3
CR Pro
Dec 27, 2015
Northeastern US
Ahahah, people just need to go back to the source, saying, it is the 6D Mark II being discontinued.
It really shows how clickbait articles are made and people reading them instantly jump on baseless rumours.

A replacement for the R6 Mark II is probably several years away.
Thanks for posting. I will remove this post.

Upvote 0