Rumoured Canon EOS Rs Specifications [CR1]

Really hoping to finally get IBIS in this. With 75MP, are all those pixels really worth that much without IBIS to ensure that you will really get pixel level sharpness at that resolution (without carrying around a tripod for every shot.)

I suspect most people that can afford this body can also afford the RF Trinity, which all come with IS.

“Focused on dynamic range”
I’ll believe that when I see it. Has Canon ever acknowledged that they are behind in this department?

Yes, when they came out with the 5d4, they acknowledged and addressed it. The 5d4/R sensor DR gap to the rest is negligible.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
I suspect most people that can afford this body can also afford the RF Trinity, which all come with IS.

Yes, when they came out with the 5d4, they acknowledged and addressed it. The 5d4/R sensor DR gap to the rest is negligible.
even more so with the latest generation as seen by the 90D / M6 Mark II sensor.

Upvote 0

Fran Decatta

EOS R6
Mar 6, 2019
Then the whole point of the camera is not for you. Every model can't fit every use or user case, there hasn't been a 'best' camera for a long time.

I didn't explain well myself on the coment. It is a good camera, of course, I like a lot all of what I'm reading here and is really appealing. I also do some architecture works and I know that those 75 mpx will be really welcome to architecture/product/fashion photographers.

All I really want is a double SD camera with equilibrated specs like eos R is, as they compare (may be I''ll have to wait until a future R mk2). But this one, is a very good option.

I really love to work with canon, and I can feel that the "perfect" our (wedding photographers) workflow is closer than I expect. This time is for landscape,product and fashion, may be the next one will be to us :)

Add: Is also exciting to see the way Canon is getting with the new mount and technologies, good times are coming.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Fran Decatta

EOS R6
Mar 6, 2019
Ah, what you want is not the camera here...
What I would like as an architectural photographer is definitely not a camera optimised for your usage patterns.

Hopefully at some time in 2020, we can both be happy with what appears...

Totally agree with that, I also do some architecture works, and I can apreciate that lot of architecture (also product, landscape and fashion) photographers will be really happy with that.

Hope the same too. Was a shame that the first eos R lack of second SD slot, otherwise, it would be perfect. But each one have a needs and must be respected, of course!

Upvote 0
Nov 12, 2016
That's all well and good, but how about people like me that prefer to use the RF 50mm 1.2, and I'm eyeing up the 85mm 1.2, and whatever wide angle f1.2 they come out with?

I want an image stabilized f1.2 prime.

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
In general, I'd share unfocused's scepticism on this story (post #25).

Having said that, I don't have an R/RP myself, but if this is to follow the same form factor, is there room for dual card slots - or does this suggest a (slightly) different form?

Just curious, Stoical.
Just looking at my R, I don't think adding an extra card slot would make a lot of difference -- assuming it is a second SD slot.

Upvote 0
a tsunami alert for all of those who think that buying a high megapixel camera is so cool idea. I've been using 5dsr (50 megapixel) for the past three years and I need to warn you that there will be some consequences. A financial consequences I mean if you are serious about the quality. First you will replace half of your lenses as you will notice a lot of underperforming ones in terms of sharpness and chromatic aberration. Then you will buy the most expensive computers (imac and macbook pro if you are a mac lover) as your old ones will be too slow, wasting in average two hours of your time per day if you shooting raw. And for those of you who think shooting medium raw is such an excellent idea I would like to say that I tough that too until I saw a very annoying color difference in blacks (greenish blacks) that appear only in smaller than full size raws. Here you go. Not to mention the storage. Prepare some more cash and you are good to go. The good side is the quality. Once you can afford all those you will never go back. w

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0
Why would you prefer a tilt screen when a flippy one does the same thing, plus more?
I would also prefer a tilt. The reason is I only need it if the camera is low to the ground or high on a tripod and I want the screen in line with the back of the camera not off to the left side. An articulating screen is more suited for video and this is not a camera I would choose for video. I consider this a great studio camera.

Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
I am personally extremely disappointed that the Touch Bar is being removed. I use it regularly on my R and find it to be the easiest way to adjust Kelvin WB quickly. I just don't understand why they would add a joystick???? There is no reason for it.
It hasn't been announced yet so please don't be disappointed, it's just hurts knowing folks are out there unhappy.

Upvote 0
With 80D I doubt, unless you have some specialized L-bracket and not the generic one.
They already exist and work well. They just stick out forward and then have the bracket going up, so any attachments to the L mount are slightly forward, or they have a cutout to allow you to fold it out. Just google L bracket 80D or R.

Upvote 0
a tsunami alert for all of those who think that buying a high megapixel camera is so cool idea. I've been using 5dsr (50 megapixel) for the past three years and I need to warn you that there will be some consequences. A financial consequences I mean if you are serious about the quality. First you will replace half of your lenses as you will notice a lot of underperforming ones in terms of sharpness and chromatic aberration. Then you will buy the most expensive computers (imac and macbook pro if you are a mac lover) as your old ones will be too slow, wasting in average two hours of your time per day if you shooting raw. And for those of you who think shooting medium raw is such an excellent idea I would like to say that I tough that too until I saw a very annoying color difference in blacks (greenish blacks) that appear only in smaller than full size raws. Here you go. Not to mention the storage. Prepare some more cash and you are good to go. The good side is the quality. Once you can afford all those you will never go back. w
Not so fast ;-)

- I use a 5Ds for architectural work (and industrial/commercial)
Even old lenses look better with more MP - I use several adapted lenses from the 70's/80's and this is even easier with mirrorless. A rising tide does float all boats
My computer is a souped up 2010 Mac Pro (OK, with 2x 4k monitors)
Disks are cheap - as is extra RAM
My most commonly used lenses for architecture (the TS-E17,24ii) date from 2009
I recently shot several thousand detailed product shots (surgical instruments) using a 24-70 2.8L that I bought in 2003
My TS-E90 I also used for that product work dates from 1998

Tsunami? Nope barely a ripple on a breezy day ;-)
If you've been careful building up kit over the years then it needn't be too bad.

However, if you're currently using a 500D with one of the older 18-55 variants then yes it's a change

Reactions: 8 users
Upvote 0