scottkinfw

Wildlife photography is my passion
CR Pro
I ordered R5 plus:
LP-E6NH Lithium-Ion Batterry
Canon Control Ring Mount Adapter EF-EOS R
Canon BG-R10 Battery Grip

I received the following notice on 07/23. Anyone get a different notice? Anyone have a clue as to delivery date?

Dear Customer
We did not forget about you!

You are receiving this message because you asked to be notified when the Canon EOS R5 Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only) (B&H # CAER5) becomes available. We advised you then that we would send you interim updates. We regret the item remains unavailable.

We will continue to update you on the status of this item via email every 2 weeks until it becomes available to you.

• If you do not wish to receive interim status updates, please click here (you will still receive notification when the item is in stock or available for Pre-order up to six months from date of unsubscribing)
  • If you wish to remove yourself from the notification list for this item entirely, please click here (you will no longer receive ANY future notifications about this item)

BeenThere

CR Pro
Sep 4, 2012
Eastern Shore
I ordered R5 plus:

I received the following notice on 07/23. Anyone get a different notice? Anyone have a clue as to delivery date?

Dear Customer

You are receiving this message because you asked to be notified when the Canon EOS R5 Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only) (B&H # CAER5) becomes available. We advised you then that we would send you interim updates. We regret the item remains unavailable.

We will continue to update you on the status of this item via email every 2 weeks until it becomes available to you.

• If you do not wish to receive interim status updates, please click here (you will still receive notification when the item is in stock or available for Pre-order up to six months from date of unsubscribing)
  • If you wish to remove yourself from the notification list for this item entirely, please click here (you will no longer receive ANY future notifications about this item)
This is the standard message they send out periodically until the item you ordered is in stock.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

BeenThere

CR Pro
Sep 4, 2012
Eastern Shore
But I'm thinking that, being 5 days before the release, it's unlikely that it will be arriving in time for the 30th if they are still sending out the not in stock email.
They will not show it to be in stock until all existing orders have been filled, and that could be some time.

Upvote 0
Nov 12, 2016
Long story short, it's a new camera. It already got delayed, they're trying to get it out for July 30, but most of us probably won't have one by then. There's a pandemic going on that hasn't happened for 100 years.

Things are weird right now. If we have to wait another month or so for the camera, we'll live. Well, some of us won't. Some of us will die of COVID. It's just a camera.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Nov 12, 2016
They will not show it to be in stock until all existing orders have been filled, and that could be some time.
You're either misunderstanding me, or just being willfully ignorant of what I'm saying because you want to believe it's not the case.

I'm not saying they will show the item as being in stock and ready to ship on the website any time soon. It will probably be a very long time for that.

I'm saying that if they are sending out an email to someone who already ordered the camera just five days before it should arrive that it's still unavailable, that means even the people who ordered it ahead of time probably aren't going to get it for a while longer.

Upvote 0

HenryL

EOS R3
CR Pro
Apr 1, 2020
You're either misunderstanding me, or just being willfully ignorant of what I'm saying because you want to believe it's not the case.

I'm not saying they will show the item as being in stock and ready to ship on the website any time soon. It will probably be a very long time for that.

I'm saying that if they are sending out an email to someone who already ordered the camera just five days before it should arrive that it's still unavailable, that means even the people who ordered it ahead of time probably aren't going to get it for a while longer.
As has been said, that email is an automated message sent every two weeks on items that are in a back order status which right now includes the R5. It in no way indicates they won’t begin shipping on time.
Keep in mind that B&H is not shipping anything on the 30th as they will be closed from 5pm on the 29th until the morning of the 31st. Adorama probably will be closed as well as they, too, observe the Jewish holidays.
Best case is hey get first shipments out Wednesday for delivery Thursday similar to the way Apple does new releases. If not, they will start shipping Friday.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Nov 12, 2016
As has been said, that email is an automated message sent every two weeks on items that are in a back order status which right now includes the R5.
No, nobody said it was something automated that went out every two weeks. It was just said that it was a "standard" message that was sent out "periodically."

If it's truly something that's just totally automatic that happens on a very set schedule, then sure, ignore it. I've never pre-ordered anything from B&H that I can remember, I have no idea how they do things. It just seemed to me that if you're getting that email so close to the release, then you probably can't expect the camera for a while. But if their emails are truly sent out with so little oversight, then I guess it does make sense to ignore them.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
There are quite a few people on this forum that pre-ordered the day of announcement (or at least that's what they said). So, wait a week and see if any of them receive a camera. Over the next several weeks we should get an idea of how large the backlog is.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

vjlex

EOS R5
Oct 15, 2011
Osaka, Japan
I ordered R5 plus:

Dear Customer

I have almost the exact same order (minus battery grip, plus CFexpress and UHS-II cards). I ordered about 24 hours after it first went online. I haven't received any email updates.

Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
But I'm thinking that, being 5 days before the release, it's unlikely that it will be arriving in time for the 30th if they are still sending out the not in stock email.

If it's been two weeks since you ordered, or two weeks since your last notification, that message is auto generated by their system. They could receive stock the next day and ship it to you, or it could be several more weeks. This message is automatic.

Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Apr 5, 2016
As has been said, that email is an automated message sent every two weeks on items that are in a back order status which right now includes the R5. It in no way indicates they won’t begin shipping on time.
Keep in mind that B&H is not shipping anything on the 30th as they will be closed from 5pm on the 29th until the morning of the 31st. Adorama probably will be closed as well as they, too, observe the Jewish holidays.
Best case is hey get first shipments out Wednesday for delivery Thursday similar to the way Apple does new releases. If not, they will start shipping Friday.

B&H generally ships items to arrive at buyer on "release day". They also preload trailers with "embargoed" items and release the trailer to the carrier (typically FedEx for camera bodies and lenses) with just enough lead time to get to the addressee on the target date. If the "official" date they can sell them is on the 30th, they'll likely release that trailer to FedEx on the morning of the 29th (for standard overnight shipping) to be delivered on the 30th, assuming they have the cameras in time to preload the trailer by the 29th.

You are correct that they will not load any trailers beginning a few hours before sundown on the 29 until a few hours after sundown on the 30th.

Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Apr 5, 2016
I have almost the exact same order (minus battery grip, plus CFexpress and UHS-II cards). I ordered about 24 hours after it first went online. I haven't received any email updates.

You should get one by Monday. I don't know if auto-generated emails go out over the weekend from B&H.

Upvote 0

scottkinfw

CR Pro
Long story short, it's a new camera. It already got delayed, they're trying to get it out for July 30, but most of us probably won't have one by then. There's a pandemic going on that hasn't happened for 100 years.

Things are weird right now. If we have to wait another month or so for the camera, we'll live. Well, some of us won't. Some of us will die of COVID. It's just a camera.
Hopefully none of us will die. There are no guarantees however. And yes, it is just a camera. But then again, in such dire times, something nice once in a while is a good thing.
Be safe.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

scottkinfw

CR Pro
I should have added that I ordered the day it was first available for pre-order. It was early in the morning, but not the very first minutes that pre-order was available, but maybe within the first hour.

Upvote 0

scottkinfw

CR Pro
No, nobody said it was something automated that went out every two weeks. It was just said that it was a "standard" message that was sent out "periodically."

If it's truly something that's just totally automatic that happens on a very set schedule, then sure, ignore it. I've never pre-ordered anything from B&H that I can remember, I have no idea how they do things. It just seemed to me that if you're getting that email so close to the release, then you probably can't expect the camera for a while. But if their emails are truly sent out with so little oversight, then I guess it does make sense to ignore them.
Here is exactly what the notice said, "
We will continue to update you on the status of this item via email every 2 weeks until it becomes available to you." So when it becomes abailable to me, not when they fulfill all orders. I'll keep everyone apprised.

Upvote 0