digigal

Traveling the world one step at a time.
CR Pro
Aug 26, 2014
My extra battery shipped out of B&H a few days ago too--ground to CA!--but still waiting of the CF Express card reader so have been downloading directly from the camera to the computer. Also on a waiting list for another backordered CF Express card.
Off to shoot bears in Alaska tomorrow to give my bad baby a trial workout
Catherine

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
Might be a little unrelated but I also just received my 2 extra LP-E6NH batteries today. I placed the order for those on July 12. Looks like things are starting to trickle in slowly.

Now if I can only get that CFexpress card reader!

I have a CF express card, CFe reader, 2x LP-E6NH and the BG-R10 grip, but no R5 yet :) And I ordered the R5 before all the other things!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Still awaiting my R5 from B&H. Have most of the bits and pieces (except for the 100-500mm) but just now need the body and kit lens. I know B&H is so popular with pros and hobbyists and the Payboo card is hard to pass up. Will stick with my order, but since I didn't get it in on Day 1 I assuming a much longer wait (probably until mid to late September). Maybe it will come with the 100-500 after all.

Bob

Upvote 0

scottkinfw

Wildlife photography is my passion
CR Pro
Figured I would share my experience...

Preordered from Amazon on July 11th.
Estimated delivery changed to Aug 11th - Sept 3rd
Cancelled preorder on July 22nd
Preordered from Best Buy on July 22nd (way to good of an offer to pass up... was willing to wait if needed).
Shipping notice on 8/4... but it was late enough in the week that standard ground didn't get it to me till the 10th (would have sported faster but they didn't give the option on checkout).
That last weekend was long for me.
Congrats!!!!

Today I got my back ordered battery
Sadly, R5 STILL on back order!

Upvote 0

scottkinfw

Wildlife photography is my passion
CR Pro
Might be a little unrelated but I also just received my 2 extra LP-E6NH batteries today. I placed the order for those on July 12. Looks like things are starting to trickle in slowly.

Now if I can only get that CFexpress card reader!
Why can't you get a CF card reader? There are brands on Amazon that are available NOW!
sek

Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2012
Why can't you get a CF card reader? There are brands on Amazon that are available NOW!
sek

For CF, I tried several brands and the Lexar reader was by far the fastest.

Does anyone know which CF reader is good? Especially if multi-day event I need to download some >1TB of files to computer, things like that matter. The lexar reader for CF was about 5 minutes per 64GB card.

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Still waiting on the RP + 24-105 f/4.0 L I bought as a refurb for only a couple hundred bucks over the new 24-105's price. Camera is almost free!!

If I hadn't splurged and bought the 15-35 f/2.8, I'd have no native RF lenses. Fortunately the EF 100-400 II is very capable, and I have some decent (but not L series) primes to fill in the gap. My two year old policy of buying only full frame lenses even when everything I had was APS-C has paid off!

Upvote 0