I ordered at Canon direct on 8/25/2020 because their website showed the camera was (surprisingly) in stock. Immediately after submitting my order, I received an email stating that it was on back order. So I called and talked with a human who confirmed it was on back order. While I was on hold, the website changed to showing back order.

Today, 9/29/2020, I received an email from Bank ofAmerica about suspicious activity on my account. Sure enough it was caused when Canon tried to ship my order this morning. I visited B of A's website and approved the charge. Then I called Canon to confirm everything was good. Nope. When the card was blocked, they dropped my order. Now I'm at the back of the line. They were not willing to fix the problem. It was not really caused by Canon but they didn't express any interest in resolving it other than telling me to place another order.

I called B of A to talk with a human trying to prevent this from happening the next time. They made a notation on my account but could not guarantee that the next time Canon tried to bill my card that it wouldn't happen again. The B of A agent said "if it happens next time...." I stopped her and said I didn't want to wait a month to find out that it still didn't work.

Now I'm in line at Adorama who I usually order through.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
I ordered at Canon direct on 8/25/2020 because their website showed the camera was (surprisingly) in stock. Immediately after submitting my order, I received an email stating that it was on back order. So I called and talked with a human who confirmed it was on back order. While I was on hold, the website changed to showing back order.

Today, 9/29/2020, I received an email from Bank ofAmerica about suspicious activity on my account. Sure enough it was caused when Canon tried to ship my order this morning. I visited B of A's website and approved the charge. Then I called Canon to confirm everything was good. Nope. When the card was blocked, they dropped my order. Now I'm at the back of the line. They were not willing to fix the problem. It was not really caused by Canon but they didn't express any interest in resolving it other than telling me to place another order.

I called B of A to talk with a human trying to prevent this from happening the next time. They made a notation on my account but could not guarantee that the next time Canon tried to bill my card that it wouldn't happen again. The B of A agent said "if it happens next time...." I stopped her and said I didn't want to wait a month to find out that it still didn't work.

Now I'm in line at Adorama who I usually order through.

B of A is its own punishment.

Switch cards.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Bert63

What’s in da box?
CR Pro
Dec 3, 2017
Delivery? What delivery? I signed up for the “most aggravating camera buying experience ever” adventure. So far my expectations have been met.

It’s all good though. The smoke is back from the fires down south and the only things worth taking pictures of are the sunrises and sunsets it creates.

Upvote 0
When did you place your R5 order? Date and time?

I originally placed it 3 or 4 hours after opening preorders (7/9), but the 7/20 I got a $150 discount through my employer and had to cancel and reorder because B&H couldn't apply it to the existing order. Thinking about it now I don't care that much about those $150, although I don't know if it would have made a big difference in the delivery date.

Upvote 0

Mo Steve

EOS R
Jul 30, 2020
I originally placed it 3 or 4 hours after opening preorders (7/9), but the 7/20 I got a $150 discount through my employer and had to cancel and reorder because B&H couldn't apply it to the existing order. Thinking about it now I don't care that much about those $150, although I don't know if it would have made a big difference in the delivery date.

That's true. I ordered on 7/15. Last email I received from B&H on 8/28 said my order would ship this week. No updates yet but I do know they will be closed from 10/3-10/11. So I'm really hoping mine gets shipped out by this Friday.

Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2012
Just got an email from B&H telling me that "Your in-stock items are on the way", of course it was the battery :'( but anyway FYI, the LP-E6NH is still in stock at B&H

Same. My orders:
Body: not shipped
lens: delivered
grip: delivered
battery: shipped

Also the ef-adapter (ordered from canon): not shipped

Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2012
My R5 order is finally "in progress" and my credit card has been charged. Ordered from B&H July 10 @ 10am.

Nice. I guess I shouldn't expect anytime soon, my order was on August 10th :( Tried to order on 7th (Friday) but they literally closed while I was transferring between departments, so had to wait until Monday.

Upvote 0

sal7777

From EF to RF
Jul 16, 2020
Santa Monica
Las week of September is here and still no update from B&H regarding my order. Hmmm I suspect they’re gonna say “expect your shipment last week of October” and this mythical R5 will never show up on my front door. Sad times indeed.
My credit card just got charged! Woohoo!! I still cannot believe the R5 May be heading my way sooner rather than later! I ordered from B&H July 10 @10am.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

sal7777

From EF to RF
Jul 16, 2020
Santa Monica
My R5 order is finally "in progress" and my credit card has been charged. Ordered from B&H July 10 @ 10am.
SAME! I just posted pretty much the same thing as you did and had to do a double take to your username to make sure it wasn’t my post haha. Cheers to us!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
I ordered from AC-Foto.com in germany on august 3rd.

Got this message after asking for a status:

"unfortunately we have no news for you. We have still unfulfilled pre-orders from july. There is no information from canon,
when there will be a new delivery of cameras. As soon as we can foresee the delivery of your order, we will let you know. "

Upvote 0
Same thing yesterday with my order. I knew something was up when I got a text from my CC company that a charge that matched was placed. I hurriedly got on the computer and checked my order status. Sure enough, it had changed from backordered to in progress. I've been practically holding my breath until just a while ago when I got a message that it has shipped. Now I have to contain my excitement all weekend until Monday when it should be delivered! B&H must have gotten a pretty good sized shipment. its-happening.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0