Show your Bird Portraits

AaronT

CR Pro
Jan 5, 2013
Hmm, come to Canada to photograph an English sparrow? :unsure: Maybe I'll end up photographing magpies in England. ;)

Jack

Now that's colour. Wish my yard looked like that right now! I'll have to show my wife the pumpkins - you grow all those??!

Jack
Nope, I didn't grow them Jack. I bought the first ones at the local Zehrs. Then they went on sale at the local Lowes for about half price ($2.48) and I went there several times and loaded up my old Grand Cherokee. Over the next 2 months or so I fed them to the deer in the back. :) They Love them!

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Bert63

What’s in da box?
CR Pro
Dec 3, 2017
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

jmeyer

http://www.jeremymeyer.photography
CR Pro
Dec 11, 2014
Wisconsin
jeremymeyer.photography
Thanks guys! Here are a few more. I finally had nothing to do today, so I can edit some of my photos. I'm loving the 600! I thought the 500 was awesome, but this thing is absolutely incredible!!! 7D mkll / EF 600 F4 ll / 1.4x lll

Jeremy

American Black Duck (winter) 105.jpgCommon Goldeneye (female) 100.jpgGreater Scaup (female-spring) 100.jpgTrumpeter Swan (adult-spring) 100.jpgTrumpeter Swan (adult-spring) 102.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
WOW, now tell the truth.:) Did you enhance the colours just a wee bit?;) Of course I wouldn't expect a public apology if you did or any enquiry into whether I ever do.:unsure:View attachment 189195

Jack
May be if you lift up the shadows (in some areas the highlights are already reading "0 0 0")? Very difficult shot!

Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
I never ignore sparrows. Here is one in honour of the Canadians, taken in Lunenberg, Nova Scotia, with a 7DII + 100-400mm II + 1,4xTC.

View attachment 189196
"I never ignore sparrows" - you shouldn't - especially if they are in North America (these are different birds)! But even in Europe there are some +/- rare birds in this genus...

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
By Gosh! That's a genuine Blue Nose Sparrow!
It's why I love this treat: now I have to learn why the Blue Nose is so interesting!
With the Corona presence here we have some "blue noses" running around and telling everybody that vodka is the way to go... (this has nothing to do with Aaron's post!!!!!).

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

https://brettguyphotography.picfair.com/
Dec 6, 2016
brettguyphotography.picfair.com
Every day I find my style leaning more and more toward high contrast black and white photography which is not always a logical choice when it comes to wildlife photography. Sometimes though it works quite well and i really like this image of a pair of Yellow tailed Black Cockatoos.IMG_20200316_115709_013.jpg

Reactions: 13 users
Upvote 0

AaronT

CR Pro
Jan 5, 2013
It's why I love this treat: now I have to learn why the Blue Nose is so interesting!
With the Corona presence here we have some "blue noses" running around and telling everybody that vodka is the way to go... (this has nothing to do with Aaron's post!!!!!).
Hi ISv. The Bluenose was a fishing and racing gaff rig schooner built in 1921 in Nova Scotia, Canada. The Bluenose has also been on the back of the Canadian dime for many, many years. It is quite famous. Many Nova Scotians refer to themselves as Blue Nosers. That's why I referred to that sparrow in the photo from Nova Scotia as a Blue Nose sparrow. :) Of course, I have heard that alcohol will kill germs so why not go with the "vodka" treatment.

BlueNoseSchooner.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Thank
Hi ISv. The Bluenose was a fishing and racing gaff rig schooner built in 1921 in Nova Scotia, Canada. The Bluenose has also been on the back of the Canadian dime for many, many years. It is quite famous. Many Nova Scotians refer to themselves as Blue Nosers. That's why I referred to that sparrow in the photo from Nova Scotia as a Blue Nose sparrow. :) Of course, I have heard that alcohol will kill germs so why not go with the "vodka" treatment.

View attachment 189234
Thanks Aaron! Now I know!

Upvote 0