Aug 26, 2014
Another one from my recent Florida trip--a fishing White Ibis. R5 + RF 100-500
Catherine
Fishing Ibis.jpg

digigal

Traveling the world one step at a time.
CR Pro
Aug 26, 2014
Thanks, guys. This was taken while I was standing on a bridge and is pretty much straight out of the camera except for slight cropping on the left.
Catherine

AlanF

Stay at home
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Must admit I hadn't realised that. Been going there on odd occasions for about 40 years too! Shows how unobservant I can be sometimes.
Most people wouldn’t know because you can’t tell by looking at them. I checked it out because I wondered why they were residents. Many of the birds in the park are similarly clipped.

usern4cr

R5
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Kentucky, USA
Very nice pictures, usern4cr. I especially like the White Throated Sparrow.
a025.gif
Thanks, Click. That's one of my favorites, too. It must be brutally cold to be a bird in Winter (sez the man taking photos while comfy in his warm home, but hopefully that safflower seed through the winter made it a bit easier).

Last edited:

Monte

EOS 1DX-mkIII
CR Pro
Jul 7, 2013
ALBERTA, CANADA
Wow, 4-5 ft away in plain sight is pretty awesome in your front yard!
I’ve had White Breasted Nuthatches land on my bald head from behind. I tell you that’s a freaky startling feeling, and to manage to not move enough to scare it off is another challenge LOL. Those little claws are sharp.
I also get chickadee’s landing on my camera and a few times inside the hood on my 400 2.8.

usern4cr

R5
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Kentucky, USA
I’ve had White Breasted Nuthatches land on my bald head from behind. I tell you that’s a freaky startling feeling, and to manage to not move enough to scare it off is another challenge LOL. Those little claws are sharp.
I also get chickadee’s landing on my camera and a few times inside the hood on my 400 2.8.
LOL!!! I can't imagine being surprised with a bird landing on my bald head from behind - with little sharp claws - and being able to NOT move so as to not scare it off! Yow-za! :ROFLMAO:

Now, I *can* understand your 400 2.8 hood being big enough for chickadees to land inside! That's pretty funny, too!

AlanF

Stay at home
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
LOL!!! I can't imagine being surprised with a bird landing on my bald head from behind - with little sharp claws - and being able to NOT move so as to not scare it off! Yow-za! :ROFLMAO:

Now, I *can* understand your 400 2.8 hood being big enough for chickadees to land inside! That's pretty funny, too!
Aeschylus, the Father of Greek Tragedy, was killed by a tortoise which was dropped by an eagle that had mistaken his bald head for a rock suitable for shattering the shell of the reptile. So, restrict yourself to shooting finches and cardinals and avoid eagles!

<-- start Taboola -->