Show your Bird Portraits

I think he was attacked by other cockatoos, or he has a disease called twisted beak.
I can't tell which, but his beak is very misshapen.
About the only thing he wants to eat is sunflower seeds that have been shelled. With his beak, he finds it hard to snap the shells off the normal seeds.
However, he is improving and his feathers are slowly growing back.

lion rock

EOS 5D Mark IV
Jan 1, 2013
Just out at the side of the house shooting a wasp trying to drag a spider into a gap and I caught this bird, a Carolina wren, a favorite of mine, its song is lovely.
-r

Attachments

lion rock

EOS 5D Mark IV
Jan 1, 2013
Jack,
Great shots!
-r

Jack Douglas said:
Two of, I think, the same species but I'm not certain of the ID. I'd say Alder flycatcher but the tail isn't V'ed. ?? on others based on colour on wings.

Jack

lion rock

EOS 5D Mark IV
Jan 1, 2013
Jack,
You might research at Cornell Uni, Cornell Lab of Ornithology, www.birds.cornell.edu. They are expert in the field. If you can't identify through searching for it yourself, e-mail them a photo. I got an answer from them one time.
-r

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
lion rock said:
Jack,
You might research at Cornell Uni, Cornell Lab of Ornithology, www.birds.cornell.edu. They are expert in the field. If you can't identify through searching for it yourself, e-mail them a photo. I got an answer from them one time.
-r
Thanks Riley. I can't be sure but Alder seems close. It's the colour of the wing bars that seems off and the tail shape but others don't fit too good either.

Jack

lion rock

EOS 5D Mark IV
Jan 1, 2013
Take a look at this article on Rare albino sparrow:
https://www.roanoke.com/news/education/higher_education/virginia_tech/rare-albino-sparrow-makes-home-on-virginia-tech-campus/article_27a96661-6537-5118-9014-014c8d326a97.html
-r