Show your Bird Portraits

Thanks kodakrome!
These little guys are cute in that their tails are raised when they sing their songs. Very cute, too, with their "eye brows."
-r

kodakrome said:
lion rock said:
Thank you Click.
Same bird, on driveway.
-r

Click said:
Nice picture, lion rock.

Nice, lion rock. Those wrens are cute.

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
lion rock said:
Jack,
You might research at Cornell Uni, Cornell Lab of Ornithology, www.birds.cornell.edu. They are expert in the field. If you can't identify through searching for it yourself, e-mail them a photo. I got an answer from them one time.
-r

Thanks Riley. I can't be sure but Alder seems close. It's the colour of the wing bars that seems off and the tail shape but others don't fit too good either.

Jack

Upvote 0

DJL329

EOS R5
CR Pro
Aug 26, 2010
www.flickr.com
Jack Douglas said:
lion rock said:
Jack,
You might research at Cornell Uni, Cornell Lab of Ornithology, www.birds.cornell.edu. They are expert in the field. If you can't identify through searching for it yourself, e-mail them a photo. I got an answer from them one time.
-r

Thanks Riley. I can't be sure but Alder seems close. It's the colour of the wing bars that seems off and the tail shape but others don't fit too good either.

Jack

Looks like the Western Wood Pewee

65617101-1280px.jpg

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Western_Wood-Pewee/overview

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
lion rock said:
Take a look at this article on Rare albino sparrow:
https://www.roanoke.com/news/education/higher_education/virginia_tech/rare-albino-sparrow-makes-home-on-virginia-tech-campus/article_27a96661-6537-5118-9014-014c8d326a97.html
-r

V nice ... but to get the article I had to do a survey! :mad:

Jack

Upvote 0
Sorry about that, Jack. I didn't encounter that.
-r

Jack Douglas said:
lion rock said:
https://www.roanoke.com/news/education/higher_education/virginia_tech/rare-albino-sparrow-makes-home-on-virginia-tech-campus/article_27a96661-6537-5118-9014-014c8d326a97.html
-r

Jack

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
lion rock said:
Sorry about that, Jack. I didn't encounter that.
-r

Jack Douglas said:
lion rock said:
-r

Jack

Really not a problem, but I wonder if others encountered this.

Jack

Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Jack Douglas said:
Two of, I think, the same species but I'm not certain of the ID. I'd say Alder flycatcher but the tail isn't V'ed. ?? on others based on colour on wings.

Jack

:) Jack because of you I'm on my way to order a book about the Canadian birds! Sorry, this is another one from you that I have to pass - I have practically no knowledge about your birds (except the shore birds!)... On other hand it would be interesting to see what you have there (and I have some friends in Canada who are asking me to visit them, so some more info about the birds there is must!).
Very nice photos BTW and with the difficulty of the ID - very interesting!

And here is my very trivial contribution - I didn't succeed to take a photo of something new (despite I did spend ~ few ours chasing the Red Avadavat - devilish tiny birds, but rather beautiful even in non-breading plumage as they are now)
On the second photo the Red-billed Leiothrix has to much back-wind (and light...) and on the third I see something suspicious under the bird (scared from me?! ;D)

Attachments

• DSC_8602_DxO.jpg
    DSC_8602_DxO.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 69
  • DSC_8608_DxO.jpg
    DSC_8608_DxO.jpg
    965.2 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC_8613_DxO.jpg
    DSC_8613_DxO.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 71
Upvote 0