Show your Bird Portraits

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
While everyone is drooling over the latest rumour of a Canon 100-500mm, I went out and used a hand-holdable 500mm instead. At my age, I haven't the time to wait for Canon to produce. European Kingfisher, Nuthatch, and teals, enjoying a winter's day in Suffolk. The teals were enjoying it too.

DSC_2888-DxOfemale_KingfisherSHAUTO.jpgDSC_2956-DxO_nuthatch_SH.jpgDSC_2833-DxO_female_teal_crop.jpgDSC_2842-DxO_male_teal.jpgDSC_2869-DxO_teals_mating_-0.5.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Another beautiful series. Well done, Alan.
d055.gif

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Alan.
Absolutely amazing shots of the Kingfisher, I sometimes get to take similar shots of a local kingfisher, only so far away from the hide that the detail is lost, I spent 40 minutes in one session a couple of weeks ago and when he came close it was almost dark so still no detail. Still great to watch.
The Heron did that lake / river a biiig favour! More nice shots.

Cheers, Graham.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Nothing that impressive as the Alan's series but my goal was (Saturday) to teach my fingers how to use the new functions of some of the buttons that I reconfigure recently (just to prepare myself for the BIF today - Sunday). First it was awkward and frustrating but very soon started making sense (and most importantly - results!). Still a lot to master but at least it doesn't feel awkward (hmmm... may be just a little bit;)). Now I can (or actually still in experimental phase:unsure:) very fast switch between the different AF configurations of the camera and use them according to the situation. Still kind of messy but seems promising! With the BIF it's going to be even more messy - for sure!

DSC_2685_DxO.jpgDSC_2698_DxO.jpgDSC_2711_DxO.jpgDSC_2738_DxO.jpg

Reactions: 11 users
Upvote 0