Show your Bird Portraits

Nelu

1-DX Mark III, EOS R5, EOS R
CR Pro
Who needs Eye AF. Not me says the House Sparrow. When I was a kid, these sparrers were everywhere. Now they are rare.

View attachment 191373
Weird!
Where do you live Alan?
Here, in Calgary, Alberta, they're considered invasive species and a pest. You can't really get rid of them...
This is an European House Sparrow, right?

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Weird!
Where do you live Alan?
Here, in Calgary, Alberta, they're considered invasive species and a pest. You can't really get rid of them...
This is an European House Sparrow, right?
England. We'll take all your sparrows if you take the invasive grey squirrels from here.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Rather sad. I was teaching my grandson to cycle when we can across this fledgling dunnock by the side of the road. I tried to put in a bushy area but it kept coming back. If only I had eye AF I would have got its eyes in focus. And these DSLRs don't focus anyway because they need AFMA.DSC_5022-DxO_fledgling_dunnock-lsss.jpgDSC_5020-DxO_fledgling_dunnock-lsss.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users
Upvote 0

HenryL

EOS R3
CR Pro
Apr 1, 2020
This young cormorant dived for fish and then came back to the surface right next to my kayak. I think he looks quite bewildered, like "Hey, whatcha doin' here? It's my spot!"
Nice shot - who was more surprised when he popped up, you or him??? Very fortunate that you had the camera ready at that moment. Well done.

Upvote 0