Aug 16, 2012
Reactions: Billybob

HenryL

EOS R5
CR Pro
Apr 1, 2020

Billybob

800mm f/11 because a cellphone isn't long enough!
May 22, 2016
Great shots! You are so lucky to see birds like those.
I am fortunate indeed. Gainesville, FL opened this wildlife preserve, Sweetwater Wetlands, about five years ago. I didn't get around to visiting it until January. I'm just trying to make up for lost time.

Reactions: Jack Douglas

AlanF

Hands. Face. Space.
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
I am fortunate indeed. Gainesville, FL opened this wildlife preserve, Sweetwater Wetlands, about five years ago. I didn't get around to visiting it until January. I'm just trying to make up for lost time.
We had a great trip to Florida January a year ago, renting a car and doing a circular tour of the birding areas. I’d do it again at the drop of a hat post Covid or vaccination.

Billybob

May 22, 2016
We had a great trip to Florida January a year ago, renting a car and doing a circular tour of the birding areas. I’d do it again at the drop of a hat post Covid or vaccination.
If you're willing, share the names of the Florida birding sites that you particularly enjoyed visiting. Like I said I'm making up for lost time.
Thanks!

Bert63

What’s in da box?
CR Pro
Dec 3, 2017
My wife and I both grew up down there.

AlanF

Hands. Face. Space.
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
If you're willing, share the names of the Florida birding sites that you particularly enjoyed visiting. Like I said I'm making up for lost time.
Thanks!
Flew into Orlando and took this route over a fortnight staying in an amusing set of motels etc.
Titusville
Merritt Island National Wildlife
Blackpoint Wildlife Drive, Playalinda beach
Cape Kennedy
Boynton Beach Area
Loxahatchee NWR,
Wakodahachee Wetlands
-
Green Cay Nature Center & Wetlands
Everglades NP

John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park
Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary
Treasure Island
Honeymoon Island State Recreation Area

A 5DSR, 5DIV, and two 100-400mm II + TCs for my wife and me were good enough.

Reactions: Billybob and Bert63

Bert63

What’s in da box?
CR Pro
Dec 3, 2017
Flew into Orlando and took this route over a fortnight staying in an amusing set of motels etc.
Titusville
Cape Kennedy
Boynton Beach Area
Loxahatchee NWR,
Wakodahachee Wetlands
-
Everglades NP

Treasure Island

All good places and I know them all well.

Billybob

May 22, 2016
Titusville
Cape Kennedy
Boynton Beach Area
Loxahatchee NWR,
Wakodahachee Wetlands
-
Everglades NP

Treasure Island

Thanks for the list!

Clearly, it's time for me to retire from my full-time pursuits and start enjoying more of the beauty Florida has to offer.

Macoose

EOS M6 Mark II
Jun 4, 2015
Thanks!

Circle B Bar Reserve in Lakeland, Fl is very good in the fall through late spring. Unfortunately, They close roughly half of the park in the summer
for alligator mating season.

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Here are few photos of "mine" chick White Tern (I posted few photos of it few weeks ago). I wouldn't post them (windy conditions and not much of light) if it wasn't special event: we are expecting a hurricane 1 (it was 4 few days ago!) to go over the island (or very, very close!) tomorrow evening. I'm not sure this buddy will survive the winds... My goal is to watch it till the dark tomorrow, if it falls I have to take it (I already grab a pound of frozen anchovies that should be OK for ~24-48h). The worst I see is that it's already challenging it's wings - the swimming pool is very close and if it lands there I hardly can help in time... On other hand if it lands on the ground the wings are ensuring soft landing...
If I can take it after (almost sure fall - Pandanus is a soft tree, not offering really stable support - especially in hurricane!!!) I will post photos!

DSC_0272_DxO.jpg
DSC_0299_DxO.jpg
DSC_0296_DxO.jpg
DSC_0335_DxO.jpg