Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Upvote 0
Your website photowilderness.com immediately downloads cookies on clicking the link and doesn't give you the choice of rejecting or selecting the cookies.
Thank you Alan. It is a Zenfolio based site. I will have to figure out how to make this an option. (EDIT- I just went into Zenfolio and it gives me the option of giving members of EU the option, but it doesn't say it will give non EU members the option. I just now amended the site by selecting this option,(the only one available). Not being in the EU I don't know if it is working and I don't know how to apply to everyone)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A female American Kestrel demonstrating Rule #18 - Limber Up.
SDR160025-4K.jpg

R5 RF600 f/4L IS w/1.4x 1/2500 : f/7.1 : ISO 800

Reactions: 11 users
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Water(?) pipit
The Meadow is much more boldly/distinctly streaked on the back. And why not a Tree Pipit - the lower mandible looks more pinkish than yellow (but that one is also more distinctly streaked on the back and the color may vary on the photos because of the light/white balance).
Funny - I have seen the Water Pipit only at high elevations (South-East Europe, ~2300 meters above the see level but it can go lower or higher than this) and it's non-migrating species there - except in the altitudes in the winter!)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Surprise walking around my street in the gloom this afternoon - a Red-legged Partridge (R5/100-500 iso 6400). It wasn't scared at all and so I guess it might have escaped from a shoot.

View attachment 206528
It depends Alan - in some areas people use to feed them and they (almost any species from the genus Alectoris) become not different from chicken! Anyway - beautiful bird but I wish it was from lower angle (what I wish doesn't matter:)).

Upvote 0