Small discreet bag for 5D3

Vivid Color

CR Pro
Dec 7, 2012
Here's my opinion, as a woman who owns many purses and several camera bags:

I think you have competing priorities here. You say you want something that is small but also doesn't look like a camera bag. I really don't think you can do both. IMHO, if you get a bag that only fits your camera with one lens, it's going to suggest you have a camera in it no matter what it looks like. The reason for this is the 3 to 4" front to back depth needed to accommodate a camera. If the front to back depth were only an inch or two, what you are otherwise describing would be known as a man purse. But carrying something that's more on the boxy side, you're advertising that what you have inside of it is a camera. Other than to hold lunch, why else would you need anything so thick for an otherwise small bag? I think this is why many people are suggesting something more along the lines of a scaled-down messenger bag. A messenger bag could hold papers or magazines or books. All sorts of stuff. Again, as a woman who carries a lot of bags, and pays attention to other people's bags, if I see you carry what you're describing, I'm going to think camera inside.

Upvote 0
I´ve bought an:

Toploader Zoom 50AW LowePro

http://www.amazon.de/Lowepro-Toploader-Zoom-50-Kameratasche/dp/B00390JT1O

Fit´s 5DMIII with EF 24-70 f2.8L II without Lenshood, but the Lenshood can be storaged in the Front Part of the Bag.

I think it´s the really smallest Bag for this Combo, TripodPlate ist sometimes difficult if installed !

16-35 f4 L IS will match too - it´s slighly smaller then 24-70 f2.8 II

Greetings Bernd

Attachments

• IMG_0220.JPG
    IMG_0220.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 228
Upvote 0