So what is that fifth unreleased camera that Canon has registered?

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
On April 26, 2024 Canon registered another unreleased camera with the code name DS126904. While the EOS R5 Mark II and EOS R1 are going to make their way into the public domain soon, what is that 3rd EOS R camera? We don’t know. There has been no chatter about another other than the two

See full article...

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 21, 2010
Maybe most logical: R100 II, its specs were so DOA
Maybe most wanted: R7 II, to make everything better for the top APS-C, not sure about that. But wouldn't be that WiFi 6, too?
My most wanted: an R8 II in an R50 sized body for travel, most unlikely ;)
R100 is not even a year old, R50 barely that. Neither are likely to be updated in the next several months, at the very, very least. The days of annual new Rebel/xxxD bodies are gone.

The R7 is not yet two years old, and the 7-series had a longer update cycle than any other Canon series. So again, not likely to be updated soon.

At the risk of sounding repetitive, the R8 is also barely a year old...

Maybe Canon will surprise us with an ultrasmall FF R9, or maybe an R3 II.

Upvote 0

ashmadux

Art Director, Visual Artist, Freelance Photography
Jul 28, 2011
New Yawk
photography.ashworld.com
"Or we're wrong and it is an EOS R100 Mark II. Everyone send their thoughts and prayers to Richard."

LOLOLOLOLOLOL :D:D:D:D

Hope and prayers its a (r)m6mkiii with ibis. With canon, we are always 'daring to dream'.

That would just clean up the smaller camera enthusiast segment, IMHO

Because r10 ain't it (sorry not sorry), and r7 is too big.

Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
R100 is not even a year old, R50 barely that. Neither are likely to be updated in the next several months, at the very, very least. The days of annual new Rebel/xxxD bodies are gone.

The R7 is not yet two years old, and the 7-series had a longer update cycle than any other Canon series. So again, not likely to be updated soon.

R3 II would be nice, 30 MP and improved AF? Sounds like the perfect camera for me!

Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany

I was aware about the fact, that my guesses were far from reality. It was just kidding around.
So an R3 II without WiFi 6 is out of the game either, isn't it?
But an R9 or an APS-C vlogger cam, both without EVF but screen only, could be a bet to put the money on, couldn't it?

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
An R100 II?
I wonder how Canon could improve such a perfect camera. :unsure:
I'd rather see an EOS RP II or R 9, would indeed make much sense having an inexpensive FF for emerging markets.
making it dual use as a door stop ;)

My money is on a RP II'ish sub 1K full frame camera

with yet again that 6D sensor getting zombied back to life in a new camera.

• Haha
Upvote 0

Traveler

EOS R6
Oct 6, 2019
I wish there is an eos R mark 2. The size of the original R was just perfect and I miss the top LCD. The R8 is just too small.
Canon should make something interesting for enthusiasts. It doesn’t have to be 40 fps, they can experiment with the user interface a bit (I understand that the R5/R6 needs to be “old school compatible”). But the R8 is just too low level.
10 fps, 20-30 Mpix, IBIS, top LCD, combined rear wheel and arrows like on the 90D, joystick. I’m fine with one slot. Maybe some internal memory instead of the second one. I liked the Touch Bar but I think that’s dead because people didn’t know how to use it and they hated it instead.

Upvote 0