Tethered shooting with iPad

gui

Industrial Photographer
I have a Canon R5 and an iPad Air with USB-C, and I want to use the iPad to check and select images. Or by Wi-Fi/Bluetooth (Which I think is a hassle) or USB-C cable.

Now, I have my clients look at the back of the iPad to check if their photo is good. Select the correct one. I do not have to cull the image, but I want to rate the image with a star so that when I import them into Photo Mechanic and later into Lightroom, the rating is maintained.

Does anyone have it working? Which app do I use? What are the drawbacks? And the experiences?

Aug 10, 2021
Thank you, I know. But the iPad has a USB-c connection now, and I wanted to do it with a cable because it is more stable than the Wi-Fi/bluetooth connection. How would I make that work?
Does that work with the canon camera connect app or do I need to do it with a different app?
I don't know the answer to this at all. I know with a pc, you can attach to a USB cable and the camera acts like any other data source. However, my phone doesn't seem to work like this with usb and the R5. I think you can call Canon and maybe they know something.

Upvote 0