The Canon EOS R will begin shipping to customers on October 9, 2018, if not sooner

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The official word from Canon USA is that the Canon EOS R body will begin shipping on October 9, 2018. This is also the scheduled ship date of the Canon EOS R/RF 24-105mm f/4L IS kit as well.
We’ve also heard reports that retailers will begin shipping Canon EOS R body only packages to customers today, though we haven’t been able to confirm that with the retailers in question.
Win a Canon EOS R:
If you can’t swing purchasing one right now, you can try to win our giveaway form a Canon EOS R body here.
Initial stock will be very good, so all preorders should be met. If you didn’t preorder, now would be a good time to do so.
Canon EOS R Camera and Kits

Canon EOS R Body $2299
Canon EOS R w/RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM $3399

Continue reading...

This is exciting! I pre-ordered the body only via B&H the second the preorders went live, so I'm hoping there are no supply issues. Unlike in Europe, the adapter is not included with the camera here in the US as you all may know, so I ordered one too. FYI I also pre-ordered the RF 50mm 1.2, but direct from Canon because B&H's website listed a release date of October 25th and Canon's website said October 9th. . A week later I received an email from Canon saying the release date was moved to October 25th, AND, get this, B&H switched the release date from October 25th to October 9th! *scratching head* I'm wondering if I should order from B&H now and cancel my Canon order.. Decisions, decisions..
*Update* B&H changed availability date for RF 50mm 1.2 to October 25th, which is in line with Canon's website.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My card was charged today. I called to switch from to body to the kit and the Adorama sales guy told me that the body is shipping today. If I can accept shipping of the kit on 9th, they would change the order and keep my original date of order. For now, I have charges on my CC for both, body and the kit but I hope that will change soon ;-)

Upvote 0
This is exciting! I pre-ordered the body only via B&H the second the preorders went live, so I'm hoping there are no supply issues. Unlike in Europe, the adapter is not included with the camera here in the US as you all may know, so I ordered one too. FYI I also pre-ordered the RF 50mm 1.2, but direct from Canon because B&H's website listed a release date of October 25th and Canon's website said October 9th. . A week later I received an email from Canon saying the release date was moved to October 25th, AND, get this, B&H switched the release date from October 25th to October 9th! *scratching head* I'm wondering if I should order from B&H now and cancel my Canon order.. Decisions, decisions..
*Update* B&H changed availability date for RF 50mm 1.2 to October 25th, which is in line with Canon's website.

A B&H employee told me on the phone that the RF 28-70MM F2 is actually shipping on December 4th even though it says October 9th on their website.

Upvote 0