The Updated Canon Rumors Site & Forum Will Launch Sunday Evening (EST)

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
It has been a long time coming, but the work has been completed on the new Canon Rumors blog and forum. The blog isn’t changing all that much aestically, but it will give a much better mobile experience as it will finally be a fully responsive site. The blog will also work with the new forum a lot more seamlessly.
The bigger change will be the forum, as we’re changing the software that runs it. Your current login and password should work. If you have forgotten your login information, you can reset your password now, or wait until the new site launches. Be sure you have access to the email address attached to your account.
As with any new site and change, there may be some bugs that need to be worked out, but those should be taken care of pretty quickly.
The switchover will start tomorrow at about 8PM EST. The forum will likely be offline for a few hours as the migration takes place.
Thanks!

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2011
Yasko said:
Has anyone else noticed issue with the mobile webpage?
May be ‚issue‘ is too harsh, the design is much more blueish and for example I miss the comment function entirely (on iOS with iPad 2018 as well as on Android 8.0 with Galaxy Tab S2) :eek:
Anyway, when I request the desktop version I am back to goodness ;) . Keep it up!

Cheers
All new software, all new problems. We will have to see what bugs pop up.

Upvote 0

RGF

How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
Jul 13, 2012
Mt Spokane Photography said:
Yasko said:
Has anyone else noticed issue with the mobile webpage?
May be ‚issue‘ is too harsh, the design is much more blueish and for example I miss the comment function entirely (on iOS with iPad 2018 as well as on Android 8.0 with Galaxy Tab S2) :eek:
Anyway, when I request the desktop version I am back to goodness ;) . Keep it up!

Cheers
All new software, all new problems. We will have to see what bugs pop up.

Wonder what testing has gone into the system. Both production testing of the underlying system (probably well tested since I suspect that this is an off the shelf forum package) but how things work together (implementation) could be difficult.

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Craig.
Offline! ??? ???
For a few hours!? :eek:
Oh no how will I manage, I can feel the withdrawal tremors coming on just thinking about it! ;D ;D

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Cheers, Graham.

Canon Rumors said:
The switchover will start tomorrow at about 8PM EST. The forum will likely be offline for a few hours as the migration takes place.
Thanks!

Upvote 0

Admin US West

CR Pro
Nov 30, 2010
I've had a chance to test a beta installation over the past 6 months +. The mobile phone experience is night and day better. The forum software is indeed a tried and tested base that has been modified to fit the CR look and feel, even so, we are all going to have to learn a lot.

At last, PDF images are supported, but you must still render them on your computer or device, the software does not, it just offers to download them.

As with other forum software, there are optional packages, as we learn, some additional ones may be added, but changing the forum software after being modified is very tricky.

It might be possible to add features that require a paid subscription as well.

Upvote 0