The Updated Canon Rumors Site & Forum Will Launch Sunday Evening (EST)

ethanz

1DX II
CR Pro
Apr 12, 2016
ethanzentz.com
I find myself reading messages from the future. Assuming no time travel on my part, then maybe the time stamps on messages are GMT. Is there some lost preference or profile that would show times and dates in my local time?

Yes.
Settings -> Preferences -> Time Zone at the top

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Yeah, same here...not sure what these trophies, etc are...or what they're for.....???

C

Click on someones name, click on points, click on available trophies.

Here is how you get points. People have to "like" you.

1. 1
    First Message
    Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this.
  2. 2
    Somebody Likes You
    Somebody out there liked one of your messages. Keep posting like that for more!
  3. 5
    Keeps Coming Back
    30 messages posted. You must like it here!
  4. 10
    Can't Stop!
    You've posted 100 messages. I hope this took you more than a day!
  5. 10
    I Like It a Lot
    Your messages have been liked 25 times.
  6. 15
    Seriously Likeable!
    Content you have posted has attracted 100 likes.
  7. 20
    Addicted
    1,000 messages? Impressive!
  8. 20
    Can't Get Enough of Your Stuff
    Your content has been liked 250 times.
  9. 30
    I LOVE IT!
    Content you have posted has attracted 500 likes.

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Don't know that I'll be upgrading to this version of the forum. These small incremental changes and then the change in the shade of black on the font is just window dressing. I'll be jumping ship and switching to the Sony rumors site, but I'll stick around awhile because I want to see what everyone says about me jumping ship. ;)

Upvote 0
Don't know that I'll be upgrading to this version of the forum. These small incremental changes and then the change in the shade of black on the font is just window dressing. I'll be jumping ship and switching to the Sony rumors site, but I'll stick around awhile because I want to see what everyone says about me jumping ship. ;)

You'll be back when you realize the other forum isn't as sensational as all the hype makes it out to be ;)

Upvote 0
The more I use it, the more I like it. Good Job!

My only negative is when going through the unread messages, I prefer the old wording of "mark all messages as read" to the new "mark forums read"....
In the top left menu pull down there is a "mark all messages read" button...

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
You'll be back when you realize the other forum isn't as sensational as all the hype makes it out to be ;)

Already back. The ergonomics of the website were horrible. Thought I'd beat the rush. Seems there's a mutiny afoot. Sony users are talking about jumping ship and moving to Canon when Canon mirrorless hits the market.

Upvote 0

ken

Engineer, snapper of photos, player of banjos
CR Pro
Aug 8, 2016
Huntsville, AL
I wonder if people will be nicer to each other with the refresh of the site. You know... make a nice, fresh start. I've been following this site for years, but I rarely post because there is often such a negative vibe that develops on popular threads. People with thousands of posts like to call newcomers a troll if they imply the slightest thing negative about Canon, and often seem to be trying to run new forum members off. In my opinion, a private playground becomes just an echo chamber, and it seems like a wasted opportunity.

I guess there's no incentive to change. Or... maybe there is? It's a nice, fresh, updated forum. The maintainer of the site has put a lot of effort into making it nice. It doesn't cost forum members a penny. Why not go out of our way to be nicer to people that drop in? Maybe make people feel welcome, even if we disagree with them? Some of you older guys (like my age, or close to it) could set examples for the younger folks that pop in, rather than start calling them trolls and telling them to go buy some other brand. You were young once too, and probably thought, with very little to back it up, that you knew everything about everything just like they do. ;)

Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Thanks to everyone for having patience with this process. It's nice to see people taking the time to get used to the change.. it really will be better.

We're still working to tie the blog to the forum the way it was intended, you'll get that comments button back soon.

There are a couple of other bugs and formatting issues we'll also need to fix.

There are lots of more features to be turned on, but we need to get the core stuff working first.

Thanks again,
Craig

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
Step 1: collect all references to Phil Collins
Step 3: profit

Some of us dug Phil more as Peter Gabriel's drummer in two prior acts. :cool:

On a side note: Some millennial reporter for a major publication on Twitter recently thought it was neato that Mark Mothersbaugh of 'Rugrat's theme song fame' was also in Devo. o_O

I can't even. I instructed him that his error was tantamount to identifying Michael Jordan first and foremost as a failed minor league baseball player. And reminded him to eat his vegetables and never forget to call his mother. #youngpeople

- A

Upvote 0