edilson

Learn. Practice. Share.
Aug 16, 2016
Goiânia / Brazil
sobrefoto.com.br
Re: *UPDATED* Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Specifications & Image

privatebydesign said:
edilson said:
I have no idea about the "rubber cover / input" on the front side.
Any guess? ???

It's already been stated to be the new position for the remote release socket.

Interesting! Thanks, privatebydesign!

Upvote 0

Marauder said:
Looking at the images of the rear, I'm very surprised that it doesn't have the same AF Area Selection Lever attached to the joystick that the 7D Mark II has. This is probably the best ergonomic advancement the 7D Mark II brought to the table and it makes changing AF areas incredibly quick and easy, or it can be customized to do any number of useful things. It was rightly praised by reviewers of the 7D Mark II (pretty well unanimously, at least for any reviews I read). I figured it was a given for the 5D Mark IV (or the 1DX II for that matter). I wonder why on earth they left it off???

Puzzled. ???

Maybe the new button to the upper right of the 'Q' button is the new AF selection joystick? I have no idea :)

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013

from digicam-info:

- これまでに無い後処理の調整が可能なデュアルピクセルRAWファイル

bing translate:

-Unprecedented cleanup adjustable dual pixels RAW files

google translate:

So far it can be to no post-processing of the adjustment dual pixel RAW file

I have no idea .. is this the in camera DLO that they are talking about?

anyone know japanese?

then there's this:

5D Mark IVのスペックは、ほぼ海外で噂されていた通りのようで、Mark III から全体的なスペックを底上げさせたバランス機に仕上がっているようです。新しいデュアルピクセルのRAWファイルは非常に興味深いところですね。ボディサイズはごくわずかに小さくなっているようです。

translated:

5 d Mark IV specs is like, as had been rumored in the near abroad, seems to have finished in balance machines which raise the overall specs from the Mark III. New dualpixels RAW files are very interesting. Body size is slightly smaller is like.

:eek:

did canon just implement dual ISO?

Upvote 0

Sharlin

CR Pro
Dec 26, 2015
Turku, Finland

rrcphoto said:
did canon just implement dual ISO?

That's certainly what it sounds like. Very cool if so.

From another thread

fallsong said:
With my limited Japanese, the # 3 should be: "Unpresidential, and post-process-able dual pixel raw file”

Could this be the so-called "DLSR first" function?

Upvote 0

PureClassA

Canon since age 5. The A1
CR Pro
Aug 15, 2014
Mandeville, LA
Shields-Photography.com

It's real hard to understand the google translation of all the discussions on DigiCame but there seems to be either talk or questions about a new RAW format, a "Dual Pixel RAW" or some such mention. It could be something truly new like Dual ISO from DPAF, or it could just be badly translated nothing. Guess we find out in 8 days

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013

PureClassA said:
It's real hard to understand the google translation of all the discussions on DigiCame but there seems to be either talk or questions about a new RAW format, a "Dual Pixel RAW" or some such mention. It could be something truly new like Dual ISO from DPAF, or it could just be badly translated nothing. Guess we find out in 8 days
The only other thing I can think of is that they output all values, from each PD pair so you can do computational averaging, etc.

So you get a 60mp raw at +1ev.

Upvote 0

PureClassA

CR Pro
Aug 15, 2014
Mandeville, LA
Shields-Photography.com

rrcphoto said:
PureClassA said:
The only other thing I can think of is that they output all values, from each PD pair so you can do computational averaging, etc.

So you get a 60mp raw at +1ev.

I'll take the supposition one step further and ask if such a RAW would be a firmware update to the DX2. Seems logical the DX2 would also have all the hardware necessary to generate such a file (whatever this file is on the 5D4)

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010

PureClassA said:
I'll take the supposition one step further and ask if such a RAW would be a firmware update to the DX2. Seems logical the DX2 would also have all the hardware necessary to generate such a file (whatever this file is on the 5D4)

I'll take it three steps back and say it's just in-camera RAW editing/conversion, given the icon on button at the top left. (above Rate).

Upvote 0

PureClassA

CR Pro
Aug 15, 2014
Mandeville, LA
Shields-Photography.com

neuroanatomist said:
PureClassA said:

I'll take it three steps back and say it's just in-camera RAW editing/conversion, given the icon on button at the top left. (above Rate).

No too sure. Another ongoing thread offered a better translation than google and if correct (and I believe he is) we have a new RAW for DPAF which makes sense given what ML did with dual iso hacking on the 5D3. Canon could have built a far more sophisticated flavor built in house for DPAF, which would make a lot of sense with that sort of tech

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013

PureClassA said:
neuroanatomist said:
PureClassA said:

No too sure. Another ongoing thread offered a better translation than google and if correct (and I believe he is) we have a new RAW for DPAF which makes sense given what ML did with dual iso hacking on the 5D3. Canon could have built a far more sophisticated flavor built in house for DPAF, which would make a lot of sense with that sort of tech

ML though did it on line pairs no?

this would be something entirely different. but cool.

Upvote 0

PureClassA

CR Pro
Aug 15, 2014
Mandeville, LA
Shields-Photography.com

rrcphoto said:
PureClassA said:
neuroanatomist said:
PureClassA said:

t.

Yes Line pairing. And if memory serves, you traded off resolution to do it as you had to use two lines (each exposed at different ISOs) and then merge them to one. With DPAF, if the read out could be from each half of each pixel, you'd have something akin to a 60MP readout that wouldnt line skip. The special RAW data would be combined in Canon DPP (LR may never figure that one out lol). Obviously this will slow down processing and I doubt youd get 7fps doing thaT. Im sure it would be a menu option

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013

PureClassA said:
rrcphoto said:
PureClassA said:
neuroanatomist said:
PureClassA said:

t.

Yes Line pairing. And if memory serves, you traded off resolution to do it as you had to use two lines (each exposed at different ISOs) and then merge them to one. With DPAF, if the read out could be from each half of each pixel, you'd have something akin to a 60MP readout that wouldnt line skip. The special RAW data would be combined in Canon DPP (LR may never figure that one out lol). Obviously this will slow down processing and I doubt youd get 7fps doing thaT. Im sure it would be a menu option

you'd have to assume it'd half the fps so down to 3-3.5 fps or so.

Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2012

rrcphoto said:

then there's this:

5D Mark IVのスペックは、ほぼ海外で噂されていた通りのようで、Mark III から全体的なスペックを底上げさせたバランス機に仕上がっているようです。新しいデュアルピクセルのRAWファイルは非常に興味深いところですね。ボディサイズはごくわずかに小さくなっているようです。

Here's from my in-house translator (who doesn't know too much about cameras though)

Completely new (or never seen before) after-adjustable dual-pixel raw file.

Rumor about overseas that was right. From Mark3 all spec has been raised, new product is brought. Dualpixel-raw-file is very interesting. Body size is slight smaller than previous.

Not too clear...

Upvote 0

PureClassA

CR Pro
Aug 15, 2014
Mandeville, LA
Shields-Photography.com

rrcphoto said:
you'd have to assume it'd half the fps so down to 3-3.5 fps or so.

50MP on my 5DSR gets you 5fps with dual cpus in there... So yeah Id imagine this would be 3ish unless it uses dual cpus as well. That would be a first for a 5D body that isnt high MP

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013

tpatana said:
rrcphoto said:

then there's this:

Here's from my in-house translator (who doesn't know too much about cameras though)

Completely new (or never seen before) after-adjustable dual-pixel raw file.

Rumor about overseas that was right. From Mark3 all spec has been raised, new product is brought. Dualpixel-raw-file is very interesting. Body size is slight smaller than previous.

Not too clear...

thank you!

Upvote 0

Gnocchi said:
Mikehit said:
Gnocchi said:
I wonder about that viewfinder hump, do you think it could be detachable?

It's a new marketing gimmick - buy a viewfinder for 3,500$ and get a detachable camera thrown in.
Had another look and it just looks like a plastic cover.
Making the viewfinder cover in 'engineering plastic' (like several of the recent L-lenses) would make sense wrt the wifi, GPS and NFC antennas. There might might be an issue related to how they got the in-molded black color (carbon can be used, but it also affect the RF performance. DAMHIK).

Upvote 0