What to Expect From Canon For CP+ Next Week

funkboy

6D & a bunch of crazy primes
Jul 28, 2010
elsewhere
If the G1X replacement specs are true, I'll crack open a bottle of Champagne.

That would mean that they finally get that this class of camera must have a lens no slower than f/4 at the long end in order to be competitive. Fuji & Sony get this, and have highly desirable class-leading products in this segment. Hopefully we're looking at something around f/2.8 in the "standard" focal range, which would be just fine for indoor stuff with an image stabilizer & a good sensor.

Come to think of it, it's Friday; maybe I'll crack open a bottle of Champagne anyway :).

Upvote 0

Sella174

So there!
Mar 19, 2013
Suid-Afrika
neuroanatomist said:
lw said:
Sella174 said:
Canon Rumors said:
New DSLR, most likely a Rebel below the EOS SL1.
Gee, how low can you go?
Well a 1100D/T3 is already below the SL1, so I guess it is a replacement for that.

Exactly…I think this refers to a physically smaller version of the T3/1100D, quite possibly just the same sensor and AF system in the SL1 chassis.

Gee, that low.

Upvote 0
Mar 21, 2013
Ricku said:
Pitbullo said:
With the risk of sounding negative... BORING! (Ok, the G1X sounds a bit interesting) ;D ;D

I really really look forward to the day Canon announces their FF mirrorless camera. They have the technology to blow everybody away with their AF technology, which is an area mirrorless lag behind the dslr´s.

I too would love to see a kickass FF mirrorless camera from Canon. But they won't be blowing anything away with their current sensor tech.

Just look at the A7R from Sony. It trumps everything Canon has in terms of pure IQ.

When the day comes when Canon manages to bring out a brand new sensor (higher resolution, higher DR and no shadow-banding), I doubt they'll put it inside a mirrorless body. At least not until it's been sold in a $7000 1D-body for 2 - 3 years.

Canon is Canon.

Reality is... sony is sony too.
Sony is only just getting into the DSLR market... give them time.
A good example is their high-end TVs that range from $3000 to $5000.
You can get LG and Samsung for a fraction of that price. But then again, they are getting pricey too.

Upvote 0