Whats up with the....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2013
Squishy shutter button?

Obviously, I'm coming from the rebel line...

So there are some things I miss, like the tilt-swivel screen, but I can live without it.

But I have to ask, whats up with the squishy shutter buttons on the 7D to Mark III.

Even when I tried out the 6D, it didn't have that squishiness... for me there has to be a certainty that I pressed it and it worked.

In the rebel line and the 6D, you push it and you hear a click and it stops.

But the pro line seems to have a spring of some sort, any specific reason?

I've noticied that too when moving from 7D to 5DIII. I prefer the 5DIII's.

Maybe it helps in order to have the button half pressed closer to the trigger threshold in those situations you are just about to capture the action but do not want to take the pic just yet..maybe i'll save you some micro seconds...dunno but in my case like it better .=)

Upvote 0
Mar 21, 2013
maxpayne said:
is it to reduce shake when you press the shutter button? The click in rebel makes you press harder, right?
I think that tends to make people make a little shake when they do that.

No, not really, you don't press harder. The click is like a stopping point, you hear the click and with the click... you can't push any further. You can hold it down and it will give you burst rates for sports.

A good analogy would be like your mouse, you click something or double click something and you hear it (and you know that you have hit a link). Its that versus a soft keyboard that you can't hear a click and it seems like you can push it down pretty deep too (like putting your finger through a stress ball).

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
mkabi said:
for me there has to be a certainty that I pressed it and it worked.

I would think the mirror/shutter sounds would be more of a certainty than a little click from the shutter button.

Personally, I prefer the smooth feel of the higher-end bodies. OTOH, I found the hypersensitivity of the shutter button on the 7D battery grip to be a bit annoying (it's much more sensitive than the one on the body).

Upvote 0
Mar 21, 2013
neuroanatomist said:
mkabi said:
for me there has to be a certainty that I pressed it and it worked.

I would think the mirror/shutter sounds would be more of a certainty than a little click from the shutter button.

Personally, I prefer the smooth feel of the higher-end bodies. OTOH, I found the hypersensitivity of the shutter button on the 7D battery grip to be a bit annoying (it's much more sensitive than the one on the body).

Hmmmm... I was so used to the click that I was not listening for the actual mirror sound. Then again, the rebel lines had the mirror/shutter sounds too. Its like a click, then bang.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.