Will there be bodies in RF-S as compact as an EOS M5 or M6 ?

That's too bad. I would love to get a very compact system (while staying in the canon realm, to keep compatibility with flashes notably). I'm tempted to get an M6 mark II but I was wondering if it would be useful to wait for a very compact body in RF-S (or even RF, let's dream) mount. Has there ever been rumors about new small bodies ? Something comparable to a Sony A7C for example...

Aug 10, 2021
A native speaker might be able to preform a better translation than than our article (I think it used machine transition). The last quote was:
Speaking of models, what is the status of the EOS M mount? Do you have any information on this system?
‌ Tetsuji Kiyomi: Last year we launched the R50 and R100. However, EOS M bodies are also very compact. Maintaining commercialization depends on the market today.
If we can objectively determine cameras the size of Eos M mount continue to be successful, this should the answer your question positively (assuming the translation was correct).

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
A native speaker might be able to preform a better translation than than our article (I think it used machine transition). The last quote was:

If we can objectively determine cameras the size of Eos M mount continue to be successful, this should the answer your question positively (assuming the translation was correct).
I interpret ‘commercialization depends on the market today’ to mean the market is too small to support two mounts, and if the R50 and R100 sell well, they might make a smaller (no VF) model.

Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
I interpret ‘commercialization depends on the market today’ to mean the market is too small to support two mounts, and if the R50 and R100 sell well, they might make a smaller (no VF) model.
Canon said something very similar about EOS-M 2 years ago and I think they are stacking the deck a bit. Not introducing new bodies or lenses, discontinuing almost everything and then saying “Weird, sales numbers have declined!”

But it’s hard for consumers to separate cause and effect and there’s always the chance that Canon asked @Canon Rumors Guy to consult on EOS-M ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0