Your best animal shots!

tomscott

Photographer & Graphic Designer
Jack Douglas said:
tomscott said:
Just a picture of some sheep :D

7DMKII 70-200mm MKII 2x ƒ/8.0 140 1/320 ISO1250

Swaledale is a breed of domestic sheep named after the Yorkshire valley of Swaledale in England. They are found throughout the more mountainous areas of Great Britain, but particularly in the Yorkshire Dales, County Durham, and around the pennine fells of Cumbria.

Swaledales are noted for their off-white wool, curled horns and white around their nose and eyes. They are used for the production of lamb/mutton, the North of England Mule sheep, and as Pedigree breeding stock. Together with the Rough Fell, Herdwick, and Dalesbred sheep, they are one of the three variations associated with the English Lake District.

The Swaledale sheep has proved itself to be a bold, hardy sheep, well fitted to endure the hardships of exposed and high lying situations.

It is of an alert nature and is a good thriver. The ewes make most excellent lamb shearers. The wool is admitted to be more durable in wear and of even texture.

Being excellent feeders and of strong constitution, as mutton producers they are second to none.

Tom, imagine my surprise to hear Swaledale (never been to England) as my ancestors, Waller/Robinson/Johnson have a history back to the 1600's as far as records allow around Swaledale, father born in Boosbeck - all worked in the mines from maybe 10 years of age on, some emigrated to Canada early 1900 .... blaa blaa blaa.

It really is nice to see more than just the shots, thanks!

Jack Waller

Fantastic, its a small world! You will have to make the trip over its a beautiful place and maybe a photographic project :)!

Click said:
tomscott said:
Just a picture of some sheep :D

I really like this picture. :) Nicely done Tom.

Thanks Click :)

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Oh how I would love to be out there on those hills. In fact there must be a million hills all over the world that would be equally awe inspiring and so ...... well, I guess that's partly why we frequent forums where lovely photos are posted. BTW, my daughter, was in fact on those Swaledale hill's only a few months back, but she's not a photographer, what a pity!

Jack

Upvote 0
Jack Douglas said:
kodakrome, good question. With a 100 macro I'd say about 6". Or a wide angle shot would be really cool at maybe 1" from his nose with the 11-24 stopped down to get lots of DOF. ;)

Here's a sample to guide you. Good luck!

Jack

Yes! That's perfect! A wide angle gator shot would be great. Maybe if I had a drone... :)

Upvote 0
Just few from my recent safari in Kenya.

0_130d60_408c7364_XL.jpg
[/url]

0_12d261_cc416f86_XL.jpg
[/url]

0_12c7b1_a247d045_XL.jpg
[/url]

Upvote 0
A Highland bull, in Drenthe, the Netherlands. This picture came somewhat unexpected as I was on a leasurely walk to try out my new holiday lens and left the 'L' glass at home. I'm pleased with the performance of my new optic :)

5DMkIII + Tamron 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD.

Attachments

• 2015_10_30_7671.JPG
    2015_10_30_7671.JPG
    335.1 KB · Views: 695
Upvote 0