Here are some crazy Canon EOS R1 specifications [CR0]

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Well, here we have the first specifications for the Canon EOS R1 (the flagship RF mount camera). Things are slow at the moment, so why the heck not?
Please note the [CR0] rating
Canon EOS R1 Specifications: (Rumored)

Approx: 85MP global shutter CMOS imaging sensor
Approx: 85MP at 20fps, 21MP at 40fps unlimited continued shooting
Full Sensor Large Quad Pixel Auto Focus
15.5 EV+ Dynamic Range
ISO 160-1638400
5-axis IBIS up to 9 stops
3.5” 9.33MP 1280nit 10-bit WCG RGB-OLED touch screen with 120Hz AE-AF
9.44MP 120Hz SuperSpeed AE-AF electronic viewfinder
Price $8,500USD

There are a few things on this specifications list that scream nonsense, but I’ll let you decide for yourself.
If this had shown up in my inbox, I would not have published it. However it was posted elsewhere, so here we are.

Continue reading...

Reactions: 1 user

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
$8500!!?? Guess I'll be using my cardboard pin hole camera from middle school for a few years longer. :cautious:
Actually...for a flagship, this price likely makes sense.
Especially if you consider that Fuji is soon releasing a 100MP digital Medium Format camera, the gfx100S for about $6500 or so.

A Canon flagship if really near that performance with a full frame 85MP sensor and shooting speed....yeah, I can see that price point.

C

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0

ildyria

R5 Lover
CR Pro
Mar 5, 2020
Actually...for a flagship, this price likely makes sense.
Especially if you consider that Fuji is soon releasing a 100MP digital Medium Format camera, the gfx100S for about $6500 or so.

A Canon flagship if really near that performance with a full frame 85MP sensor and shooting speed....yeah, I can see that price point.

C
For those specs, I would see it more in the 10k to be honest.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
This is no toy, its primary market is the pro sports/media outlets primarily so I'd expect it to be a reasonably hefty price like the 1dx mkiii was, although $8500 might be a bit out of reach for many in the current climate. In terms of specs it may well increase the MP to 40 but I see no reason why anyone would want or needs more than 20 fps, particularly in media work. I know a few media colleagues who have experimented with using the R5/R6 for sports and whilst they do work well, they struggle with so many frames to scroll through to tag images for editing. Very easy to hold the shutter button down when its completely silent and then realise you've taken 50 pics in a few short bursts. When you're working under time pressures in the field you don't need this. Be interesting to see what eventually appears, but I'd expect many of the increases in MP and FPS to be incremental and not mindblowing.

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
I'm not ready to call CR3 on a global shutter, but good sources have said that it's in play.
If that global shutter allows for flash sync at high speeds (without HSS, HS, or ND filters) that’s always been my top wish. For those of you who mix flash exposure with daylight on location you get it. Please find out more about this.

Reactions: 7 users
Upvote 0