Here’s a full list of what will be announced with the Canon EOS R3 this month

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The Canon EOS R3 and a couple of lenses will be announced this month. I have reported that the date of announcement will be September 14, 2021, but I haven’t confirmed that date as of yet.
What will be announced?
Canon EOS R3 camera body with a rumoured availability being in November.
There will be a bunch of accessories announced alongside the Canon EOS R3.

ST-E10 Speedlite Transmitter
AD-E1 Multi Accessory Show Adapter
DM-E1D Stereo Microphone
ER-L1 Camera Strap
ER-HE Eyecup
ER-H Eyecup

Along with the camera body and accessories, Canon will announce two new RF mount lenses.

Canon RF 100-400mm f/5.6-7.1 IS USM (The aperture range is rumoured, but the lens has a 67mm filter thread, so it’s not fast)

Cap E-67II

Canon RF 16mm f/2.8

Lens hood EW-65C
Cap E-43

Continue reading...

Last edited:

FrenchFry

Wildlife enthusiast!
Jun 14, 2020
It is a bit of a miss to release the R3 without a new super tele to go with it that shows of what RF can do. Perhaps a 500 f/4.0 DO?
Agreed. To launch the R3 with lower end budget lenses implies that the R3 is also lower end, which does not seem right. Hopefully there will be some surprise lenses added to the announcement.

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

H. Jones

Photojournalist
Aug 1, 2014
Important note: 43mm lens cap is what the EF-M 22mm F/2 uses.

I'm pretty certain this means the RF 16mm f/2.8 is going to be *absolutely* tiny.

The EF 40mm f/2.8 even used a 52mm filter thread, which is 9mm bigger!

It is a bit of a miss to release the R3 without a new super tele to go with it that shows of what RF can do. Perhaps a 500 f/4.0 DO?

In fairness, by the time the R3 ships the RF 400mm f/2.8 and 600mm F/4 should hopefully actually be available, which covers most of what the high end sports photogs use. I would say a 100-300mm f/2.8 would be the perfect lens for the R3, but Canon will definitely keep us waiting on that.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 381342

In fairness, by the time the R3 ships the RF 400mm f/2.8 and 600mm F/4 should hopefully actually be available, which covers most of what the high end sports photogs use. I would say a 100-300mm f/2.8 would be the perfect lens for the R3, but Canon will definitely keep us waiting on that.

The RF 400 f/2.8 and 600 f/4.0 are good lenses, but they are still modified EF lenses and don't show to the fullest what RF can be. For instance, Nikon are building brand new, never before seen designs for the Z 400 f/2.8 and 600 f/4.0 that appear to also have built in 1.4X TC's. Canon have always been able to make glass that no one else even has the R&D budget for, something that can show us what the a modern mirrorless super tele can be (this doesn't mean shorter or even lighter). I very much don't wish to believe bolting a EF to RF converter and changing the focus system is all we can expect from Canon.

Reactions: 7 users
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
ST-E10
AD-E1
DM-E1D
ER-L1
ER-HE
ER-H
Any idea what some of these codes mean?
  • ST- is a Speedlite Transmitter, I suspect they jumped from the ST-E3-RT to the ST-10 with new features using the extra hotshoe connectivity
  • AD- is used on some of their power supplies, so I suspect it's a power adapter of some sort but that's a guess. Maybe a USB-C PD adapter to power the camera and charge a battery in-camera?
  • DM- is directional microphone (I have the DM-100 for my Vixia camcorder, there is currently a DM-E1 for for EOS cameras, so the DM-E1D should be similar
  • ER- denotes a strap, e.g. the ER-100B is the neck strap for the EOS R

Reactions: 24 users
Upvote 0
  • ST- is a Speedlite Transmitter, I suspect they jumped from the ST-E3-RT to the ST-10 with new features using the extra hotshoe connectivity
  • AD- is used on some of their power supplies, so I suspect it's a power adapter of some sort but that's a guess. Maybe a USB-C PD adapter to power the camera and charge a battery in-camera?
  • DM- is directional microphone (I have the DM-100 for my Vixia camcorder, there is currently a DM-E1 for for EOS cameras, so the DM-E1D should be similar
  • ER- denotes a strap, e.g. the ER-100B is the neck strap for the EOS R
Are you going to get any of these? Would they help with canine photography?

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
It's a useless list without descriptions....... ☹
Well, some educated guesses can be made based on part numbers. But yeah, for things like the features of the ST-E10 and DM-E1D, we'll need to wait for the announcement. Hopefully, that's only a couple of weeks away. Full specs are sometimes leaked on Nokishita a day or two before the announcement, but generally only for major products, not accessories.

Maybe the ER-L1 is a wrist strap for the R3 that has a Leash attachment point for a dog. ;)

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0
Important note: 43mm lens cap is what the EF-M 22mm F/2 uses.

I'm pretty certain this means the RF 16mm f/2.8 is going to be *absolutely* tiny.

The EF 40mm f/2.8 even used a 52mm filter thread, which is 9mm bigger!

The RF 50mm f/1.8 STM also has a 43mm front filter thread. I love the small profile of it but I do wish it was weathersealed. Inclement weather is the only time I seem to use my L-series lenses now.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0