Here are a few Canon EOS R10 specifications [CR3]

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Well, since I'm in for a penny, lets go for the pound, and I'll try win on internet points, misdirection, and the best kind of correct: *Technically*, your hands holding a camera aren't points either - they're surfaces too :D

So it really comes down to vectors, motion, centre of mass, and all that, and none of that invalidates neuro's core assertion, that, in the context of holding a camera, 3 points is better than 2. I just couldn't resist the troll :D
It's a pointless post.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Such an openminded group. OK I'll concede that you know best because you've been doing the same thing in the same way for a very long time and ignoring new thoughts and ideas. (y)
As I said, I use the rear LCD, and for shooting with a light setup like an M body+lens, it works well but for tracking with a long, heavy lens it’s not as stable as using the VF. That experience aligns with the physics of the situation.

Testing an hypothesis and disproving it is not the same as ignoring a new idea.

I’ve provided evidence to support my assertions, and invited you to do the same. You refuse, but still insist you’re right in spite of experience and physics showing you’re wrong. I suspect that’s because you have no relevant experience to back up your assertions.

While I don’t ignore new ideas and methods that are relevant to my interests, I do ignore assertions by those unwilling or unable to back them up with evidence. Your ‘trust me, bro’ claims are worthless.

This is me, and I can say with certainty based on experience that holding that rig 20-25 cm from my face is not as stable as holding it with the eyecup pressed to my brow ridge.

ADA9F4F3-42C5-4EE3-989D-35A8D81D5CA8.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Such an openminded group. OK I'll concede that you know best because you've been doing the same thing in the same way for a very long time and ignoring new thoughts and ideas. (y)
I've shot in chronological order in over than 6 decades, a Brownie box camera with a weenie 90 degree view finder, a twin lens reflex at my waist/chest level, SLR film cameras, the first consumer digitals with rear screens (Casio and Agfa!), a large variety of DSLRs and compacts with and without viewfinders, scuba diving with a TG5 without a viewfinder, M series and mirrorless with supertelephotos, and an iPhone. That is not atypical of this "openminded group", which in you in your ignorance assume has "been doing the same thing in the same way for a very long time and ignoring new thoughts and ideas."

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
I've started photography at the age of 12 years. I used my fathers FTb and AE-1, learned from my brothers T-90, bought a Nikon F-601 as my first own camera.
I did did technicolor, filmstrip, and b&w. I did film developing with b&w, expecially Illford FP, and prints in a photo lab.
I started late with digital photography with a Fuji E900 and got my first Canon DSLR in 2009.
I've tried OVF and EVF cameras from different brands, I've tried P&S with screen and VF, I've tried cell phones.
I've counseled relatives, friends and colleagues about equipment and technique. I don't care about brands and fanboyism here.
And mostly my advice was taken and the reply was, that they could improve their photography and the quality of their photos.

So yes, I am open minded.
I am not "doing the same thing in the same way for a very long time and ignoring new thoughts and ideas."

So what's your point and problem, @lustyd?

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
a twin lens reflex at my waist/chest level
My first camera was an Argus 75 TLR (which predates me), then a Kodak Instamatic, then a couple of different SLRs (pre-autofocus).
Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 12.09.19 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 12.09.56 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 12.13.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-18 at 12.55.53 PM.png

My first camera with AF was a 35mm Olympus P&S with a 38-170mm zoom, then I went to digital, first with the 1.3 MP Olympus D-460 then the 4 MP C765UZ.
Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 12.44.08 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 12.49.39 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 12.16.14 PM.png

I used the 4 MP 'ultra zoom' (38-380mm equivalent) until I bought my first DSLR, a Rebel T1i/500D because the P&S AF system couldn't keep up with my toddler.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Maximilian

CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Are we still trying to convince somebody who obviously doesn't want to listen to logical and reasonable arguments?
Let's just tell him he's right and we wrong...and make him happy.
... and simply give up and shut up and let the witless and selfish rule?
Just "NO!" Even if this means "feeding the trolls".
As long as I live in a free democracy I will defend it.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
... and simply give up and shut up and let the witless and selfish rule?
Just "NO!" Even if this means "feeding the trolls".
As long as I live in a free democracy I will defend it.
Even if it means talking to a wall (of ignorance)?
German proverb: "Der klügere gibt nach". (the smarter give in).

Upvote 0

Maximilian

CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Even if it means talking to a wall (of ignorance)?
German proverb: "Der klügere gibt nach". (the smarter give in).
And in German (sorry for not translating):
"Und wenn der/die Klügere/n nachgeben, werden wir von Dummen und Egoisten bestimmt/regiert!"
Macht es da Sinn, als Klügerer nachzugeben? Vielleicht vor 30 Jahren. Heute definitv nicht mehr!
Ich hoffe, ich muss keine Beispiele aus Ost- und Südeuropa nennen.
Das ist meine Erkenntnis aus den letzten 20 Jahren.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
And in German (sorry for not translating):
"Und wenn der/die Klügere/n nachgeben, werden wir von Dummen und Egoisten bestimmt/regiert!"
Macht es da Sinn, als Klügerer nachzugeben? Vielleicht vor 30 Jahren. Heute definitv nicht mehr!
Ich hoffe, ich muss keine Beispiele aus Ost- und Südeuropa nennen.
Das ist meine Erkenntnis aus den letzten 20 Jahren.
If the topic were important, you would be right. But in this case people are fighting over trivia. Actually it doesn't even rise to the level of trivia.

Upvote 0
What's your excuse for your childish gloating?
I don't have and don't need excuses. Maybe you were fooled by a childish child. Or maybe you feel the same frustration I felt while waiting for the R7 to come (while M-lovers claimed there will never be one!). I don't know and I don't care...
But please tell me more about your anger and fear! :)

Upvote 0