6D Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winning! ;D

The 6D has no built-in flash. I prefer my compact old 220EX for family photos; it is superior to the new 270EX II sold today.

The 6D is the world's best DSLR.

It's a huge improvement over the 5D Mark II due to the improvements from automatic color fringe correction, and the greatly improved power, depth-of-field and playback controls.

If you shoot Canon, you deserve one of these. If you've read this far, you know you want one, and if you wait two years, you'll still want one. Get one today, and you'll have all these years to enjoy it. The 5D series has been on a three-year product cycle, so I don't expect the Canon 5D Mark IV until 2016.

Upvote 0
Albi86 said:

Looks like this guy knows his business! :D

Looks like he is on the emporer's payroll... if you think about it, which ever review mag does good reviews, they get rewarded with early samples.... KR seems to have it figured out that to feed a growing family, one needs to "adjust".

Upvote 0
Apr 24, 2012
K-amps said:
Albi86 said:

Looks like this guy knows his business! :D

Looks like he is on the emporer's payroll... if you think about it, which ever review mag does good reviews, they get rewarded with early samples.... KR seems to have it figured out that to feed a growing family, one needs to "adjust".

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I would assume that if you're so competent to review gear then getting a proper job as a photographer would be a better way to feed your growing family. I hate this sort of biased informations.

Upvote 0

ashmadux

Art Director, Visual Artist, Freelance Photography
Jul 28, 2011
New Yawk
photography.ashworld.com
This review is unfortunately very incomplete. You can still see all the areas he hijacked the 5d mark 3 review to fill in ares/make comparisons. Not enough of the old info is out of it.

Also the first same shot had a 5d3 listed in its metadata. a pre production camera should have ts info within it, - right?

At the mid point it becomes hard to read this because there's too much 5d review info strewn about it.

He does make it at least sound like a better cam than the specs point to, but not convinced yet. the chromatic aberration in body fix would b a HUGE boon though. Also to his point ,the af cant b any WORSE than the 5d mark 2.

Upvote 0
This is really suspect. There are parts of the review that he seems to have forgotten to change the wording from 5D mkiii to 6D. It seems that much of this review was cut and pasted from his first impressions with the 5d mkiii. Also, I remember very similar images from the hibachi grill with his kids (same angle and everything). He either really likes going to the hibachi (I don't know anyone who goes ore than once a year), or there is something very fishy going on here....

Upvote 0
B

bleur

@!ex said:
This is really suspect. There are parts of the review that he seems to have forgotten to change the wording from 5D mkiii to 6D. It seems that much of this review was cut and pasted from his first impressions with the 5d mkiii. Also, I remember very similar images from the hibachi grill with his kids (same angle and everything). He either really likes going to the hibachi (I don't know anyone who goes ore than once a year), or there is something very fishy going on here....
ashmadux said:
This review is unfortunately very incomplete. You can still see all the areas he hijacked the 5d mark 3 review to fill in ares/make comparisons. Not enough of the old info is out of it.

Also the first same shot had a 5d3 listed in its metadata. a pre production camera should have ts info within it, - right?

At the mid point it becomes hard to read this because there's too much 5d review info strewn about it.

He does make it at least sound like a better cam than the specs point to, but not convinced yet. the chromatic aberration in body fix would b a HUGE boon though. Also to his point ,the af cant b any WORSE than the 5d mark 2.

yea, and all his 6d links lead to 5d mark iii and even the iso crops are all 5d mark iii when labeled 6d below it

Upvote 0
@!ex said:

Fishy maybe not, but sloppy definitely yes. Also it looks hurriedly done, so maybe he has not has the body since March (either the shot is of the 5d3 or his meta data is screwed). What a co-incidence that the 5d3 came out in march ::)

Looks like he is putting it together as he gets time... so the worlds best DSLR might still be the 5d3 for him...

Upvote 0
@!ex said:

Part of the 6D review is KR's 5DIII review.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/canon/6d.htm#rex
http://www.kenrockwell.com/canon/5d-mk-iii.htm#rex

It's just a Work In Progress (at a certain point, the words "UNDER CONSTRUCTION - read no further" appear.

Upvote 0
rol11 said:
Don't be fool guys :) it's the review of 5D3, where is every word "5D3" replaced by "6D". You should read "Under construction, don't read further" ;) If you don't trust me, than open in new window review of 5D3 and check it by yourself :p

I do the same thing with my blog posts, only I don't have them "live" while I do it. He's just using the framework of his old review as a pattern for the new review. Funny, re-reading this "6D" review has me even more excited for my 5D3, which Adorama says will be here on Thursday! At $2,750, I'd say this is the "Best DSLR on the planet for the money!" :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.