Canon’s roadmap for 2019, included an EOS R camera that no one is expecting? [CR2]

caffetin

I'm New Here
Apr 20, 2019
We all talks about r bodies. That's OK. I can afford me an r line up. But don't y think rf lenses are way to expensive. I mean I can't follow the tempo.

Reactions: Shutterbug

Rivermist

I'm New Here
Apr 27, 2019
Eos Rn, dual cards, + joystick.
As a matter of interest, have you tried the use of the back screen as a touchpad to move the focus point? I find that alternative to be as good as, if not better, than the joystick. On the list of "please Canon", I would add a lock on the mode dial similar to the one on 5Ds, etc.. I use the camera almost exclusively in FV mode and it is annoying that the mode dial can be accidentally moved.

Mt Spokane Photography

I post too Much on Here!!
Mar 25, 2011
We all talks about r bodies. That's OK. I can afford me an r line up. But don't y think rf lenses are way to expensive. I mean I can't follow the tempo.
Yes, considering that the RP is a entry level FF, there are no entry level zoom lenses to go with it. However, it works great with existing EF and EF-s lenses as well as manual lenses from film cameras. so there are more potential lenses that can be haad for very little $$.
I've yet to justify buying a RF lenses for my R, since it shares lenses with my 5D MK IV.

Reactions: Rixy and jeanluc

Architect1776

Defining the poetics of space through Architecture
Aug 18, 2017
Williamsport, PA
True... An 80D is a “big save up” for me though so it’ll be a good few years before I can afford anything R
Like you as a mere mortal I have to save for the next toy. I still have a mere 7D but it is doing just fine thank you.
I enjoy watching and dreaming though and I am also saving.
But so far I have not seen a substantial jump in bodies that would demonstrably enhance my ability to take the types of photos I want to.
For me IBIS that works with any old lens back to Canon rangefinder lenses. Excellent low light performance with no noise at high ISOs.
Finally a greater DR would be the definite pull the trigger and pull the savings out but it would need to be 2-3 stops superior to any other camera currently being made or made in the next year.

mb66energy

EOS 6D MK II
Dec 18, 2011
Germany
www.MichaelBockhorst.de
So far EOS R line is sinking so bad. looks like nothing could save it. Maybe Canon has a plan to keep DSLR afloat for much longer. Beware, Nokia and Motorola, Canon can't wait to join you in the afterlife.
So that's the main reason because EOS RP and R are sold at MSRP in germany while other cameras prices are sinking. My understanding of market and prices is a little bit different.

mb66energy

EOS 6D MK II
Dec 18, 2011
Germany
www.MichaelBockhorst.de
EOS RPP with
- plastic mount
- LP-E 12 battery
- 12 MPix FF sensor with DPAF
- no adapter included
- @ 699 $/€
- with RF 50mm 1.8 lens for 100 $ /€ more?

The head scratcher will be the very good high ISO IQ and the 4k with only 1.1x crop.

Reactions: Han
Mar 30, 2016
My bet is on one of these two, a Full Frame 7D body or the 100 MP high res body they've been playing with for years. IMO, its only a head-scratcher because its a new model, not so much because its revolutionary (even though 100 MP could easily be considered revolutionary).

ArtisanCraft

EOS R
Jan 28, 2019
www.instagram.com
Head scratcher means it is going to be a camera that people on forums are gonna crucify. Hope the rumour isn't true, Canon images are my favourite but at some point all the negative publicity is going to affect the company... If the rumour is true, it isn't very good news at all :(

Reactions: crazyrunner33

Kit.

EOS 6D MK II
Apr 25, 2011
A nice head scratcher would be a RF mount camera designed primarily for tethering. EOS RP sensor and mainboard + Ethernet in a small box, viewfinder optional, LCD optional, a grip with some buttons optional. Control over CCAPI. Price: $600.

I'd buy two, or maybe even 3.

mpb001

EOS M50
Sep 10, 2016
Above anything else, I would like to see an R series body with IBIS. It is probably coming, but sooner would be better than later.

MaxDiesel

I'm New Here
Sep 23, 2015
Above anything else, I would like to see an R series body with IBIS. It is probably coming, but sooner would be better than later.
That’s pretty much what I’m hoping for, with a low Megapixel count. Wouldn’t say no to that patented flip up lcd.

Thinking of buying an EOS-R now and keeping it as a camera B/backup to whatever new model is introduced... hopefully sometime before September.

Jasonmc89

EOS 80D + 100-400mm mkii
Feb 7, 2019
UK
Like you as a mere mortal I have to save for the next toy. I still have a mere 7D but it is doing just fine thank you.
I enjoy watching and dreaming though and I am also saving.
But so far I have not seen a substantial jump in bodies that would demonstrably enhance my ability to take the types of photos I want to.
For me IBIS that works with any old lens back to Canon rangefinder lenses. Excellent low light performance with no noise at high ISOs.
Finally a greater DR would be the definite pull the trigger and pull the savings out but it would need to be 2-3 stops superior to any other camera currently being made or made in the next year.
I hear ya.. the thing I want the most is amazing low light performance as my favourite subjects often live in dull, light deprived jungles. I more often than not crop a final image too so a lower number of bigger pixels isn’t really the way to go for me. If the 90D with it’s rumoured 32mpx sensor or whatever it was is clean up to iso 3200 I’ll be happy with that!

Reactions: Architect1776