Canon's Next Full Frame Camera [CR2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there is a chatter about new high MPx body:

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1210264

Ive read about above 32 MPx, 45 MPx and 47 MPx. Im sure there is market for such product and I think it could be a new line with 5D-like body. Probably announced sometimes early next year (I wont guess availability with Canon after 1D-X announcement/availability). It could have 4K video with high MPx.

Upvote 0
mathino said:

Ive read about above 32 MPx, 45 MPx and 47 MPx. Im sure there is market for such product and I think it could be a new line with 5D-like body. Probably announced sometimes early next year (I wont guess availability with Canon after 1D-X announcement/availability). It could have 4K video with high MPx.

Yeah, and the guy also said it was going to be a 1Ds Mark IV. That sounds plausible.

Upvote 0
bdunbar79 said:
mathino said:

Yeah, and the guy also said it was going to be a 1Ds Mark IV. That sounds plausible.

Hmm, camera labels are hard to guess. And thats not important at all (for me). For Canon it could be wise to announce 36+ MPx camera to quiet all chatter about small resolution...and...to "have more" than Nikon.

Upvote 0
B

briansquibb

The 1DX will join my 1D4 for action shots

What I am looking for is a new, improved body to go alongside my 1DS3. I suspect the 1DX will manage the portrait shooting however I do a significant amount of static shots, where colour/metering is more important than either AF or FPS

A high mps body would give me the option of better prints above 16x12

OK I could go D800 but how are their TS lens? - perhaps a Canon body will be the best option methinks.

IMG_0131x.jpg

Upvote 0
Here is my entirely speculative take on what might be happening.

The new FF body is the new 70D and will look very much like the 60D. It will have a touch screen, as will all future Canon SLRs.

The 7DII will debut a new APS-C sensor and will essentially be an APS-C 5DIII. However, it will retain and probably extend its fps advantage over the 5DIII. It won't have a pop-up flash.

The Rebel line will remain but, since the M now caters for those wanting compactness, the T5i will grow a little in size - not to the size of the 70D but enough to be considered the 70D's APS-C equivalent.

I must admit, my speculation is driven by my inherent desire for neatness! - simplified upgrade paths for 70D and 700D owners, while strengthening the reasons to own both a 5DIII and a 7DII.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.