Euro Pricing for EOS 5DS, 5DS R & EF 11-24 f/4L Revealed

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<p>PhotoRumors has posted the prices of the Canon EOS 5DS, EOS 5DS R and EF 11-24 f/4L USM in Euro.</p>
<ul>
<li>Canon EOS 5DS: €3,499 (around $4,000 USD)</li>
<li>Canon EOS 5DS R (no low-pass filter): €3,699 (around $4,200 USD)</li>
<li>Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L USM: €2,999 (around $3,400 USD)</li>
</ul>
<p>I suspect the USD pricing will be directly the same as the Euro pricing, with the 5DS at $3499, the 5DS R at $3699 and the EF 11-24 f/4L USM at $2999. The rumoured pricing for the EF 11-24 f/4L USM has remained constant since <a href="http://www.canonrumors.com/2014/08/canon-ef-11-24-f2-8l-coming-cr1/" target="_blank">first being revealed in the summer</a>.</p>
<p>Source: [<a href="http://photorumors.com/2015/02/04/canon-eos-5ds-and-ef-11-24mm-f4l-usm-prices-revealed/#ixzz3QnZZXC" target="_blank">PhotoRumors</a>]</p>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></p>

Re: Euro Pricing for EOS 5DS, 5DS R & EF 11-24 f/4L Revealed

Seems kinda wonky that WITHOUT the low-pass filter it's more expensive. Don't they just put a regular piece of neutral optical glass in it's place to keep the sensor stack the same height? Or do they have to do something else that would increase costs?

Upvote 0

davidcl0nel

Canon R5, 17 TSE, RF35+85 IS, RF70-200 4 IS, EF135
Jan 11, 2014
Berlin
www.flickr.com

Drizzt321 said:
Seems kinda wonky that WITHOUT the low-pass filter it's more expensive. Don't they just put a regular piece of neutral optical glass in it's place to keep the sensor stack the same height? Or do they have to do something else that would increase costs?

It seems to be usual.
Search Nikon D800 and D800E - the E without filter is more expensive - and not "only" 200 bucks.

Upvote 0

RGF

How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
Jul 13, 2012

Drizzt321 said:

Nikon did the same thing, higher price w/o the AA filter. Though I understand that they added an AA and then added something to optical cancel it - not sure if that is true, sounds kind of strange but strange things do happen.

Upvote 0

candyman

R6, R8, M6 II, M5
Sep 27, 2011
www.flickr.com

Canon Rumors said:
PhotoRumors has posted the prices of the Canon EOS 5DS, EOS 5DS R and EF 11-24 f/4L USM in Euro.

Canon EOS 5DS: €3,499 (around $4,000 USD)

I just wonder....would this cause the 5D MKIV price to move up? ::)
For sure the 5D MK IV will adapt (a lot of) features of the 5DS (not the MP) and add some additional features...

Upvote 0

RGF

How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
Jul 13, 2012

sulla said:
Why the hell are Euro prices the same as US-Dollar prices, while the exchange rate is far off parity?
This policy really makes me sick.
Are Europeans just willing to pay more, or how come that producers get away with a 1:1 rate??

Cost of doing business in the region.

Why is a hotel room more in London, Paris, ... than in a small city?

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011

sulla said:
Why the hell are Euro prices the same as US-Dollar prices, while the exchange rate is far off parity?
Are Europeans just willing to pay more, or how come that producers get away with a 1:1 rate??

Generally because there are a lot more taxes on imports sold in Europe, meanwhile in the USA you have to commit to your own personal welfare much more, things like health insurance and pension provisions cost far more in the USA than Europe. Not pro or against either system, just suggesting one reason for the seeming differences.

Upvote 0

Joey

EOS 7D mkII
Nov 7, 2014
Westcountry, UK

RGF said:
sulla said:

Cost of doing business in the region.

Why is a hotel room more in London, Paris, ... than in a small city?
??? It's not significantly more expensive to do business in the Euro zone than in the USA. Or in the UK either, where the exhange rate is about $1.5 to the £ but the price will be about 1:1. It's invidious.

Upvote 0

In and In. As a landscape photographer I like the camera and lens combination. Will obviously wait to see the reviews before jumping, but all signals point to go. I will switch my 5DMarkIII to primarily portraiture and wildlife set up and have all bases covered!

Upvote 0

LetTheRightLensIn said:
It's always funny how they charge more (everyone, Nikon, etc.) for the ones without AA filters even though the AA filter is actually one of the parts in a camera that can have some real cost to it. So they charge more for the models that cost less to make. ;D :D :) 8)
That's because we are the suckers who want that extra 1% out of our gear and we're dumb enough to pay for it :eek: ;D ;) :)

Upvote 0