These are a few of the RF lenses coming in 2021 [CR2]

Sharlin

CR Pro
Dec 26, 2015
Turku, Finland
Isn't STM always aimed at video now?

No. Since its conception STM has simply been the standard AF drive for Canon’s low-to-midrange lens lineup. Its suitability for video is an added bonus. In fact, I believe you’ll find that every non-L Canon lens released in recent years has been STM (and a couple of nano-USM), while every L lens is USM.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
So after all the criticism Canon received for not having "PRO body for the PRO lenses" and releasing "only $3000 lenses", in 2 years we will have:

2 top of the industry pro bodies
10 non L RF primes and zooms.

Not too bad.

And people still whining. Make note of that too. LOL

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2014
No. Since its conception STM has simply been the standard AF drive for Canon’s low-to-midrange lens lineup. Its suitability for video is an added bonus. In fact, I believe you’ll find that every non-L Canon lens released in recent years has been STM (and a couple of nano-USM), while every L lens is USM.

I think the RF 70-200 is also nano-USM (2 motors).

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
R5 & R6 dropping this year, one would hope a number of fast L primes are on the way.

Hope you are being sarcastic, cause I totally don't agree with you.

f2.8 trinity,
50 1.2, 85 1.2, and 28-70 f2, and 35 f1.8

So that is 3 fast zooms and 3 fast primes. (remember this article is about 2021). They posted the likely lens line up for this year with a 50 f1.8 and 85 f2 among them. (https://www.canonrumors.com/this-is-likely-canons-lens-roadmap-for-2020/). So what other fast prime would one want? Perhaps a 135 or 24? Canon is going quite a good job pushing out fast glass. It is time for them to also present some more budget friendly lenses for the R6, just like it needs high end lenses.

For example people will definitely want some f4 zooms available.

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Hm, 24mm macro sounds weird for me. Is this a usefull lense? I never heard of anything like that...

I've bought this and just starting to play with it: the Laowa 15mm f/4 1:1 wide angle macro...its a manual focus, but WOW...talk about some unique shots you can get with this....maco, but also with plenty of background in the shot:

Laowa 15mm 1:1 Macro IN action

This might be. really fun lens if they make it a true macro!!

cayenne

Upvote 0

navastronia

R6 x2 (work) + 5D Classic (fun)
Aug 31, 2018
Hope you are being sarcastic, cause I totally don't agree with you.

f2.8 trinity,
50 1.2, 85 1.2, and 28-70 f2, and 35 f1.8

So that is 3 fast zooms and 3 fast primes. (remember this article is about 2021). They posted the likely lens line up for this year with a 50 f1.8 and 85 f2 among them. (https://www.canonrumors.com/this-is-likely-canons-lens-roadmap-for-2020/). So what other fast prime would one want? Perhaps a 135 or 24? Canon is going quite a good job pushing out fast glass. It is time for them to also present some more budget friendly lenses for the R6, just like it needs high end lenses.

For example people will definitely want some f4 zooms available.

35/1.8 isn't as fast as I'd like. I think those of us asking for fast primes want f/1.2 (when we can afford it).

Craig did say in the post that he has no shareable information on L primes for 2021, but we can assume some will be coming.

Upvote 0
Sep 29, 2018
Hm, 24mm macro sounds weird for me. Is this a usefull lense? I never heard of anything like that...
Laowa 24mm f/14 2X Macro Probe

Your right it is weird. But it is also one of the coolest lenses on the planet as well. Laowa doesn't get any where near enough credit for the madness they have unleashed on the planet. With how popular that lens has become it would not surprise me in the least if some one tried to hone in on the action. Though maybe not in the same format.

Upvote 0