Not open for further replies.

bornshooter

Love L series glass
Jul 13, 2011
scotland
www.flickr.com
Shnookums said:
bornshooter said:
i believe this to be the most accurate rumour they will release the 5d mk3 plenty of xmas sales me being one :D and they will leave the big boys till a couple of months before the games and will sell plenty of those too :D
merry xmas to me :D

If Canon start releasing camera based on Christmas I'll be damned. Xmas doesn't mean anything for most of the population of this planet.
your full of rubbish give me a link to some of your pictures to i see how PRO you really are lol and jeff ascough wedding photographer and eos professional shoots with 2 5d mk2 he prefers the smaller body and yes so there you go small boy

Upvote 0
A

AlicoatePhotography

Shnookums said:
If Canon start releasing camera based on Christmas I'll be damned. Xmas doesn't mean anything for most of the population of this planet.

Christmas is definitely something marketing types pay a lot of attention too. You are absolutely right about the demographics, but there will be a lot more sales of cameras based on Christmas than on the European Championship Soccer or even the Olympics. Yes, there will be a definite bias towards consumer models for the holiday, but I can't even imagine how many thousands of 5D cameras will be sold. Compared with how many pros will actually buy a new camera for the Olympics. (Note, I am not a religious person, but I have been in a BestBuy right before Christmas)

My personal opinion is that they will release 5dMKIII soon, because the 1D/Ds is not ready yet. The new 1 series has to be very high end based on what Sony just released(OLED viewfinder, High FPS, Actual AF in video, ETC...). Both for Video and Pro-sumer level. Sony is who Canon needs to lose sleep over, not Nikon.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
gary said:
Following last weeks post regarding the speakers at the London Show in October the 5d mkiii seemed the obvious choice for release, with the 1D mkV / 1Ds mk IV next feb

@gary: I am absolutely not aware of the significance of certain people at the London event for October 25-26. But as they claimed, it will be mainly focussed on wedding photography I said: 5Diii. And that's "my baby" ;-) Even though I am not a wedding photographer and far from any pro status...

@rhysgray: I'd go for the non-video 5Diii, would it ever materialize...that's a great point, but rather unlikely IMHO

Cheers and a premature Merry Christmas ;-)

Upvote 0
Z

-zero-

bornshooter said:
Shnookums said:
bornshooter said:
i believe this to be the most accurate rumour they will release the 5d mk3 plenty of xmas sales me being one :D and they will leave the big boys till a couple of months before the games and will sell plenty of those too :D

your full of rubbish give me a link to some of your pictures to i see how PRO you really are lol and jeff ascough wedding photographer and eos professional shoots with 2 5d mk2 he prefers the smaller body and yes so there you go small boy

turn down the flames dude, he said that he cant use the 5D because of the extreme conditions he shoots in, not because he is too "pro" for it and needs a 1D(s) body

Upvote 0

bornshooter

Love L series glass
Jul 13, 2011
scotland
www.flickr.com
-zero- said:
bornshooter said:
Shnookums said:
bornshooter said:

lol

turn down the flames dude, he said that he cant use the 5D because of the extreme conditions he shoots in, not because he is too "pro" for it and needs a 1D(s) body

Upvote 0
rhysgray said:
the days of the 1d are over.
they are big, bulky, expensive, pointless and don't take better images.
the future leading canon DSLR's will be; a 7D, a 5D focussed on stills and a 5D focused on videography.
there is no need for another, larger, heavy camera in canons line-up. (possible exception of some 3D camera)

The days of the 1D isn't over, just the marketshare is now limited. It's a different tool. In extreme situations when you need a beast of a workhorse, the 1d is your tool. For others who dont use cameras in such an extreme and volatile environment, the 5D and 7D may be perfect alternatives

Bornshooter, that was kinda over the top...

Upvote 0

bornshooter

Love L series glass
Jul 13, 2011
scotland
www.flickr.com
bornshooter said:
-zero- said:
bornshooter said:
Shnookums said:
bornshooter said:

lol
lol

Upvote 0
-zero- said:
bornshooter said:
Shnookums said:
bornshooter said:

Right. But Bornshooter is also right. My job is not taking beautiful photos. Even if I can do it on my free time, my work involves documenting stuff with the camera. Harsh environment is what I go through sometimes. The 5DII is a great camera. Like I said previously, if Canon come out with a 5DIII that has weather sealing and AF performance in low light of the 1D, I'm all up for it.

Upvote 0
F

Flake

I seem to remember acquiring my 5D MkII around Christmas so that kind of announcement would tie with the 5D MKII. If this rumour is true then the design of the MkIII would have to finalised, the production line in place and ready to roll, because the sheer amount of product required to satisfy demand is enormous. I wonder what the time is for a camera to begin its life, to it being shipped and available on the shelves, with a new camera like the 5D MkIII with high initial demand it wouldn't be unreasonable for a 2 month build up a stock to satisfy that. The 5D MkII took Canon a little by surprise when it was unable to keep up, so is the 5D MkIII already in production?

Of course all of this assumes an October announcement!

Upvote 0
Jul 25, 2011
I look forward to the appearance of the 5DIII.
Hopefully it will appear quicker than 8-15mm f4L. announced last August and now trickling into stores.
With the London Olympics less than a year away the chances of obtaining either it or a 1D successor seem slim
unless you pre-order and pay a premium price. (Of course loan stock may suddenly be available for Olympics)
Hopefully Canon will prove us wrong!!!!

Upvote 0
bornshooter said:
ok so lets all say its true any idea on pricing what do you guys think will be acceptable ? I'm hoping no more than £2000 uk sterling

$2999 would be nice. Hope the price would drop in 3-4 months to $2499. Kit bundle with 24-105 II IS USM for $3999 would be fantastic.

Upvote 0
Vonbon said:
bornshooter said:
ok so lets all say its true any idea on pricing what do you guys think will be acceptable ? I'm hoping no more than £2000 uk sterling

$2999 would be nice. Hope the price would drop in 3-4 months to $2499. Kit bundle with 24-105 II IS USM for $3999 would be fantastic.

Anyone catch the price of the new A77? It's competing against the 7d and is starting $300 less than the 7D MSRP... any chance this will force canon to lower prices on bodies? Or is that wishful thinking? FYI the 5d m2 started at 2699 but may have been higher or lower depending on store to store.

Upvote 0
AlicoatePhotography said:
Shnookums said:

Christmas is definitely something marketing types pay a lot of attention too. You are absolutely right about the demographics, but there will be a lot more sales of cameras based on Christmas than on the European Championship Soccer or even the Olympics. Yes, there will be a definite bias towards consumer models for the holiday, but I can't even imagine how many thousands of 5D cameras will be sold. Compared with how many pros will actually buy a new camera for the Olympics. (Note, I am not a religious person, but I have been in a BestBuy right before Christmas)

My personal opinion is that they will release 5dMKIII soon, because the 1D/Ds is not ready yet. The new 1 series has to be very high end based on what Sony just released(OLED viewfinder, High FPS, Actual AF in video, ETC...). Both for Video and Pro-sumer level. Sony is who Canon needs to lose sleep over, not Nikon.

Yeah, but is a 5-series camera really a typical stocking stuffer? It always seemed a weird time to aim for. They release everything so late in the year. Main wedding season is over in many of the more populated parts of the world, fall foliage season over, summer sports over, fall sports mostly over, summer trips to places to photograph over, etc. It just seems to me that they release them right as it enters one of the slower times for photography for a fairly large percentage of people in the world. Every cycle they release later and later, first they had them in stores by early sept then late then late oct then nov, so right when all the stuff many were hoping to use them for has ended, then they release them.

Upvote 0
Jul 25, 2011
bornshooter said:
List price of 5dII £2299 body only though now selling around £1600

Suspect launch price to be in region of £2500 - 3000 hopefully falling to £2000 - 2200 when initial demand has been met probably six months after stock hits the shops.

Upvote 0
Sep 8, 2010
I really want a FF 1DV, but if the 5DIII has 7D af or better, shoots 6fps or better and has weather sealing at least as good as the 7D, I'll hold my nose and buy it..lol! I need or should I say, I want a new FF body now!!! Especially since my 70-200 2.8 IS II is on the way. ;D

I can always sell it later with not much of a loss if the 1DV is all that....

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.