5D Mk III Firmware, any news?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post from Canon Australia back in February says -

We are developing a solution to enhance the focusing feature for the EOS 5D Mark III and EOS-1DX and plan to release a firmware update based on following estimated schedule:

EOS 5D Mark III: (estimated) Late April, 2013
EOS-1DX: (estimated) Late May, 2013

Personally, I don't hold out much hope of it being on time or the focal point illumination being fixed given past history - it's been 6 months since it was announced!

Upvote 0
Canon will market the release for as long as possible so I don't expect it until 4/30.

gunna64 said:
Post from Canon Australia back in February says -

We are developing a solution to enhance the focusing feature for the EOS 5D Mark III and EOS-1DX and plan to release a firmware update based on following estimated schedule:

EOS 5D Mark III: (estimated) Late April, 2013
EOS-1DX: (estimated) Late May, 2013

Personally, I don't hold out much hope of it being on time or the focal point illumination being fixed given past history - it's been 6 months since it was announced!

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2012
RLPhoto said:
Rienzphotoz said:
RLPhoto said:
Never need to upgrade.
Until the next one comes along ;D

I'm quite serious! It's like my old 501CM hassy, had everything I needed, no need to upgrade. 8)

shhhhhh! don't let canon find out, but i feel the same way. I couple little tweaks and i'm good. they won't be selling me another camera anytime soon. currently I have a mk3 and a mk... 1 i guess, and at wedding jobs i use the mk1 just as much as the mk3.

Upvote 0

RLPhoto

Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
Mar 27, 2012
San Antonio, TX
www.Ramonlperez.com
risc32 said:
RLPhoto said:
Rienzphotoz said:
RLPhoto said:
Never need to upgrade.
Until the next one comes along ;D

I'm quite serious! It's like my old 501CM hassy, had everything I needed, no need to upgrade. 8)

shhhhhh! don't let canon find out, but i feel the same way. I couple little tweaks and i'm good. they won't be selling me another camera anytime soon. currently I have a mk3 and a mk... 1 i guess, and at wedding jobs i use the mk1 just as much as the mk3.

You know, even owning 2x 5D3's, I still kinda prefer the soft, muted colors out of my 5Dc. It's the strangest thing. Check out this thread.

http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=11758.0

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.