5d2 officially discontinued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Sporgon said:
Strange how the mk2 became so iconic when it is only a mk1 with 23 % increase in resolution ( which 90% of users didn't need ) and video ( which 90% of users didn't need ). When we got our first mk2 at Building Panos we thought the video was amazing, but very quickly found a proper video camera was much better for any casual video that we wanted. The video function on the mk2's hasn't been used for years in our case.

Obviously it's a very capable camera for many applications, but then so was the Mk 1.

The mk3 deserves to achieve this iconic status because it broad range of capabilities is truly impressive :)

I was about to pull the trigger on the 5D2 last year about this time...when I heard the 5D3 was due out soon...so, I held off.

I bought and use it primary for the video.....but I find more and more, I'm really starting to appreciate using the stills funcitons too, and am enjoying its full potential.

But the 5D2...was going to be bought primariy for video...but when I heard the 5D3 was soon coming out, I just hung around these forums to find out when it came out, and I pulled the trigger on that in May.

My first DSLR...and wow...how much fun it has been so far!!!

cayenne

Upvote 0
rmt3rd said:
Does this mean that Canon will no longer service a discontinued item? Just bought mine as a backup a month ago and has a 1-year warranty. I'm sure they will honor the warranty, but what about after the year is up?

They'll service it for many years to come. It's just like lenses. You'll just have to pay, but they'll service it.

Upvote 0
bdunbar79 said:
rmt3rd said:
Does this mean that Canon will no longer service a discontinued item? Just bought mine as a backup a month ago and has a 1-year warranty. I'm sure they will honor the warranty, but what about after the year is up?

They'll service it for many years to come. It's just like lenses. You'll just have to pay, but they'll service it.

+1. They even offer service for my friend's old 20D. As long as you have money, there'll be no problem.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.