Canon appears to have discontinued 2 EOS-M lenses

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
In a move that probably surprises no one but Sam (absolutely everything surprises Sam), Canon appears to have quietly discontinued the Canon EF-M 28mm F3.5, and the EF-M 32mm F1.4. While both products are going through the death throes – the Canon EF-M 28mm F3.5 has most certainly ceased to exist. It appears as if

See full article...

Is it really that bad?

I have the r50. It is great for what it is. For my purposes that is a backup/travel camera that takes my RF lenses. It may not be a great camera but I feel it is a great value. I love it for what it is but it is limited. I have not used the r100. However, knowing the differences between the r50 and r100 I am confident I would throw the r100 into an ocean the first chance I got. The only reason I can see for the existence of the r100 is as a gateway to lure folks into a dedicated camera instead of using a phone. It simply cannot be to appeal to anyone who has used a real camera before.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
I have the r50. It is great for what it is. For my purposes that is a backup/travel camera that takes my RF lenses. It may not be a great camera but I feel it is a great value. I love it for what it is but it is limited. I have not used the r100. However, knowing the differences between the r50 and r100 I am confident I would throw the r100 into an ocean the first chance I got. The only reason I can see for the existence of the r100 is as a gateway to lure folks into a dedicated camera instead of using a phone. It simply cannot be to appeal to anyone who has used a real camera before.
Same thoughts. The R50 serves me well enough for me despite the hate from the Internet.

R100 imho is not for consumer. And anyone brought it should get their brains checked.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
However, knowing the differences between the r50 and r100 I am confident I would throw the r100 into an ocean the first chance I got.
I wouldn't waste the energy required to throw it, and also ocean pollution - not even the fish would find it useful.

Wood Chipper is your best friend I think.

Upvote 0
The only reason I can see for the existence of the r100 is as a gateway to lure folks into a dedicated camera instead of using a phone. It simply cannot be to appeal to anyone who has used a real camera before.

I thought about this too, but then saw R100 is not a touch screen, which most phone camera users are used to. I don't know what Canon's thinking :oops:

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Right now the 28 macro is the lens on my M6. We had several days of great hoar frost and that little macro was perfect lens for carrying around with the R5 and 100-500 on the other shoulder. The other favorite lenses for the M6 are the 32/1.4 and the 18-150. The 32 is just spectacular and the 18-150 is just so useful as a carry-around, especially when coupled to the very well sensored M6. It would be shame if the 32 and 28 did not make it over to RF-S.

Upvote 0

Dragon

EF 800L f/5.6, RF 800 f/11
May 29, 2019
Oregon
I wonder if they will replace the EF-M 32mm F1.4 with an RF-S version?
Now that the EF_M 32mm is not using the production line anymore, that is at least a possibility. From what I have seen so far, the line changeover time seems to be in the 6-8 month region. Canon is clearly not spending on additional production lines in a time of limited demand.

Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
anyone else having issues that this website won\'t update on iPhone? I cleared my cache and history and this is the only website that does not shows the new content
I’ve had this on other websites as well, the workaround is to click a link on the page, I use the ‘forums’ icon on the bottom for that.

Sadly the intranet sites at work lack handy buttons for the things I need to refresh :(

Upvote 0