5diii problem with touch wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping that I'm just doing something wrong but I can't get the touch sensitive wheel to work in video mode. Silent control is turned on and I have tried in M and Av modes while recording video. I've tried touching every part of the wheel but nothing is changing. I'm really thinking there is a problem with the camera and wanted to see is anyone on here has any ideas????

Brendon said:
I'm hoping that I'm just doing something wrong but I can't get the touch sensitive wheel to work in video mode. Silent control is turned on and I have tried in M and Av modes while recording video. I've tried touching every part of the wheel but nothing is changing. I'm really thinking there is a problem with the camera and wanted to see is anyone on here has any ideas????

Just called canon support. The manual is not very clear about this but you have to hit the Q button to get to the screen where the silent controls can be used during recording. I would feel stupid but the tech support guy said that they couldn't figure it out at the tech support enter either. Apparently they have gotten quite a few calls about this so hopefully this will help out a few folks!

BWT, my camera is supper sharp if I turn off all the in camera NR!!!

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
I've been working my way thru the manual, its tough to read it all, but if I don't I'll miss something useful. I did read the instructions to use the Q button, but I don't do video, so it did not apply to me. I have about half of the manual to go.

Meanwhile, I use the MK III much as I did my MK II, I have not used any advanced features yet.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.