Any way to see which posts you got positive karma for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2010
Ryusui said:
I've been on forums where not only can you see what positive or negative karma you've received, but also how much of each you've given. I think if it were seen by all just how much smiting you do, it might make some people think a little harder about what they do before they do it.

Just a thought.

I think this is the least invasive, least complicated way to address the issue.

that being said - I understand that the karma thing doesn't mean a whole lot, and clearly most of us go unfazed by +'s or -'s, but ... if no-one is supposed to care about it, why have it at all? if its there for the sake of having it there and nobody particularly enjoys it ...

Upvote 0
Karma boosts/smites should not all be equal, in a perfect world at least. If a troll smites you, it should not outweigh an applause award from a quality poster. I have very little feedback, but I've been smote (smited?) more than applauded, but I really don't know that I have ever posted anything all that controversial. Never advocated a switch to Nikon nor even so much as questioned whether "L" glass is worth it or anything like that. ....Why, why can't we all just get along??? :'(

Hey, I'm giving a +1 to the OP and to all!

Upvote 0
B

briansquibb

ScottyP said:
Karma boosts/smites should not all be equal, in a perfect world at least. If a troll smites you, it should not outweigh an applause award from a quality poster. I have very little feedback, but I've been smote (smited?) more than applauded, but I really don't know that I have ever posted anything all that controversial. Never advocated a switch to Nikon nor even so much as questioned whether "L" glass is worth it or anything like that. ....Why, why can't we all just get along??? :'(

Hey, I'm giving a +1 to the OP and to all!

There is a troll out there with an app to smite me on a regular basis 8) 8) 8)

Upvote 0
Karma Gone?

Well, as of this morning Karma may be gone. I got my first smites when answering a "What lenses to take to Africa" post. I mentioned a friend had recently returned and I would see if I could find his post about it. Then I made the fatal error of saying he used Brand N equipment and the post was most likely on the brand N Cafe site. When I returned to edit my post with the link to his post there they were.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
TexPhoto said:
I got 12 negatives in about 6 hours for mentioning how easy it was to game the system with 2+ accounts, or how one person could negative another on the same post every 2 hours with no limit. Perhaps it was assumed I was doing that.

FWIW, several people gaming the system like that have been identified, warned, and banned if the warning wasn't heeded.

Upvote 0
May 12, 2011
Any time someone makes a different suggestion, or doesn't share the same opinion as someone they get smited. If you point out why someone's argument is completely wrong, they smite you. I noticed my smites going up when I would mention that the 5DIII was going to be $3500 body only, and when I was saying it would be called the 5DIII not the 5DX.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.