Big Announcements Coming Next Week [CR3]

3kramd5 said:
Durvile said:
Popphoto magazine made a mistake on its february issue, probably showing photos of the next issue. Seems like the next Canon bodies. Sorry for my english!
Att
Durvile

When will we see the first thread entitled "buy 5DSR now or wait for 5DSR-x"

or "Which one is better for Weddings" ? ;)~

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
Photo and specs here:
http://photorumors.com/2015/01/30/this-is-the-new-50mp-canon-eos-5ds-eos-5ds-r-full-frame-dslr-camera/
Via http://digicame-info.com/2015/01/eos-5ds-eos-5ds-r.html

50.6MP full frame CMOS sensor
There will be also a EOS 5DS R version that will be without low-pass filter
Magnesium alloy body, dust and water sealed
Dual processor DIGIC6
Regular sensitivity: ISO 100-6400
Continuous shooting 5 frames / sec.
High precision 61 AF points
EOS iTR AF
150,000 pixel RGB + IR photometry sensor
New "fine detail" picture style
1.3x and 1.6x crop modes
Customizable "Quick Control Screen"
Time-lapse movie
Interval Timer
Bulb timer
The official announcement will be next week
Via Digicame-info

Read more on PhotoRumors.com: http://photorumors.com/2015/01/30/this-is-the-new-50mp-canon-eos-5ds-eos-5ds-r-full-frame-dslr-camera/#ixzz3QHjqpcWx

Upvote 0
AvTvM said:
Photo and specs here:
http://photorumors.com/2015/01/30/this-is-the-new-50mp-canon-eos-5ds-eos-5ds-r-full-frame-dslr-camera/
Via http://digicame-info.com/2015/01/eos-5ds-eos-5ds-r.html

Regular sensitivity: ISO 100-6400

Wow. Had never seen anything remotely like this coming when it comes to iso range. The rest sounds somewhat promising but it would be a surefire deal killer for me... It seems too crazy to be true. :'(

Does this mean H-range will tick in already @ >6.400 iso or is it an indication that up to iso 6400 its going to be great and acceptable up to maybe 12.800?? Grasping for a straw here.

Upvote 0
100-6400 should be no problem if the sensor is "ISO-less" - just shoot it at whatever you like and push the cr@p out of the file in post, right? :eek:

But 5fps sounds good for something like this. I wonder 2 things: what the RAW buffer is like, and if it goes any faster/longer in either of the crop modes. 1.3 = ~30Mp and 1.6 = ~19.8Mp.

Either way it sounds like a worthwhile thing but I can't see myself upgrading from the 5DIII.

Upvote 0
scott_m said:
But 5fps sounds good for something like this. I wonder 2 things: what the RAW buffer is like, and if it goes any faster/longer in either of the crop modes. 1.3 = ~30Mp and 1.6 = ~19.8Mp.

This is what I expected as a minimum but it is good news in more than one way. I expect it can do 8 fps @ 30 mpix and 10 fps @ 19.8 mpix. If so that would be a serious fps upgrade from the relatively slow 5DIII into 7DII fast shooting territory - and still with somewhat more mpix than the 5DIII.

Overall the 1.3 and 1.6 crop modes will add a lot of flexibility to the camera by offering real fast shutter speeds. I could easily see myself often go for a compromise 8 fps @ 30 mpix for action shots.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Maiaibing said:
scott_m said:

This is what I expected as a minimum but it is good news in more than one way. I expect it can do 8 fps @ 30 mpix and 10 fps @ 19.8 mpix. If so that would be a serious fps upgrade from the relatively slow 5DIII into 7DII fast shooting territory - and still with somewhat more mpix than the 5DIII.

Overall the 1.3 and 1.6 crop modes will add a lot of flexibility to the camera by offering real fast shutter speeds. I could easily see myself often go for a compromise 8 fps @ 30 mpix for action shots.

For 8-10 fps, they'd have to give it a 1-series type mirror/shutter assembly. I think it's more likely the crop modes will get you fewer MP...and that's it.

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
Maiaibing said:
scott_m said:

For 8-10 fps, they'd have to give it a 1-series type mirror/shutter assembly. I think it's more likely the crop modes will get you fewer MP...and that's it.

Hope not. That would make it more a marketing gimmick than a truly useful feature. Nikon 810 does 7 fps in crop mode. We'll see.

Upvote 0