Candid portraits

415808_4132727639735_2097388564_o.jpg

200mm, F/5.6, ISO 500

Upvote 0
I LOVE this. Gorgeous picture! Thanks for posting it.

DianeK said:
Captured this of our granddaughter just as my husband was wheeling her out of the shadows along a nature trail in the late afternoon. 60D, 300L f/4 IS, Av priority, spot metering, ISO 200, 1/1600, f/5.6
This is a crop of the original.
Diane

Upvote 0
J

Jettatore

Tijn said:
First one was unexpected, second one was candid. 350D body, 18-55 kit lens. (Still saving for 60D and some real lenses, thats why I came here ;) )

I'd used a larger aperture if was more aware of the small apertures I was shooting with it at the time. Still, I like how these came out. :)

Here's a sample of what your 2nd image would look like after some added cropping... I think it helps focus the image and give it a more intimate character this way, bringing more interest to the subject.

index.php

Attachments

• IMG_1071b.jpg
    IMG_1071b.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 1,681
Upvote 0
i like this shot i took of a little girl sitting on dad's lap. we were on a boat, while heading down the river. this particular boat has a rear view mirror and i took several shots while they gazed at the beautiful scenery along the river - river bluffs, beach, tall hardwoods and wildlife were all out that day....this was my favorite shot though.

i'm sorry, gasp....i took the shot w/ my Nikon d7000 and the 28-300, which is my vacation/travel camera. (of course i much prefer my 5d3 though)

Attachments

• DSC_9932.JPG
    DSC_9932.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,811
Upvote 0
Thank you for the compliment. I consider it one of my best "accidental" captures.

distant.star said:
I LOVE this. Gorgeous picture! Thanks for posting it.

DianeK said:
Captured this of our granddaughter just as my husband was wheeling her out of the shadows along a nature trail in the late afternoon. 60D, 300L f/4 IS, Av priority, spot metering, ISO 200, 1/1600, f/5.6
This is a crop of the original.
Diane

Upvote 0
Jan 21, 2011
dr croubie said:
I just wish my grandparents had gear like that... (although, at least my mum had some nice Pentax Spotmatic and Takumar lenses that i'm, uh, "borrowing")
I wish that too! My grandfather reckoned "Wer zuviel Geld hat fotografiert oder hält sich Tauben" (Those who have too much money either get into photography or keep homing pigeons), so unfortunately, no gear from him! At least I got a Zeiss Ikon from my father!

Upvote 0
G

gary samples

Northstar said:
gary samples said:
START THEM YOUNG. GIRLS RULE
granddaughter she is a shooter for sure

I like both of those shots Gary, cute kids. Is that a 1.4 extender on a 600mm?
1.4III and it works great most of my work is at 840mm here in Utah you need all the len you can get. but I just don't like the 2x would like the 1200mm but my wife like's living indoors I would have to sell the home to get it LOL

Upvote 0
I take all of my portraits with a Canon T1i and 50mm 1.8 II because thats pretty much all I have. I find the most beautiful pictures of my girlfriend and just people in general to be when they are not paying attention to the camera. Here are some of the photos I've taken of people, many my girlfriend when they were not paying attention.

fPwuD.jpg

0y8U9.jpg

8KhlD.jpg

5zgtt.jpg

Slk6G.jpg

Upvote 0