Canon EOS R3 sensor resolution to be 45mp?

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Techradar is reporting that there are rumors of the Canon EOS R3 sporting a 45mp image sensor, just like the Canon EOS R5. I have reported that the EOS R3 will have a 30.1mp image sensor.
From Techradar:
Canon hasn’t yet officially confirmed the resolution of the Canon EOS R3, its equivalent mirrorless camera for pro sports photographers, but rumors have strongly suggested that it’ll also be a 45MP camera. We do already officially know that R3 will be able to shoot 30fps bursts and oversampled 4K video.
I haven’t had a single person tell me that the

[url=https://www.canonrumors.com/canon-eos-r3-sensor-resolution-to-be-45mp/]Continue reading...

jam05

R5, C70
Mar 12, 2019
Canon took the time and energy to issue a statement that the sensor would be designed and manufactured by Canon. Why the secret about sensor resolution? Seems strange...
Because Canon controls the narative. CR was wrong about the R5 and most likely the same about the R3. The R5 surprised all the rumor sites.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

jam05

R5, C70
Mar 12, 2019
Canon took the time and energy to issue a statement that the sensor would be designed and manufactured by Canon. Why the secret about sensor resolution? Seems strange...
Canon took the time and energy because Sony fanboys were trying to negatively impact the R3 buzz. And the internet negative buzz was getting quite anoying. With the resolution held back until opening ceremonies. Unless photographers agreed to not disclose Exif data

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
July 23rd will be my bet that photographers using the R3 at the Olympics will make suttle mentions of the resolution via Exif data or other means.
I tried that with some images I was pretty sure were taken with the R3, UK Royal Family at the Euro Soccer Finals, but all the camera EXIF had been stripped.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

Chig

Birds in Flight Nutter
Jul 26, 2020
Orewa , New Zealand
Perhaps Canon don't want people obsessing about 8K like they did with the R5 and want to add extra shock and awe when they officially announce the R3 with 45mp and 8K.
I would have thought that such a professional sports orientated camera will have 20-30mp though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0