Canon Gear Being Announced in the Next 24 Hours

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
Below are the Canon products we expect to be announced over the next 24 hours, most likely at 12:01AM EST tomorrow.</p>
<hr />
<ul>
<li><strong><a href="http://www.canonrumors.com/more-detailed-specifications-for-the-canon-eos-6d-mark-ii/">Canon EOS 6D Mark II Body</a></strong></li>
<li>Canon EOS 6D Mark II w/24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM</li>
<li>Canon EOS 6D Mark II w/24-70mm f/4L IS</li>
<li>Canon EOS 6D Mark II w/24-105mm f/4L IS II</li>
<li>Canon Battery Grip BG-E21 for the EOS 6D Mark II</li>
<li>Availability in Early August 2017</li>
<li>Pricing: $1999 USD (Body Only)</li>
</ul>
<hr />
<ul>
<li><strong><a href="http://www.canonrumors.com/full-specifications-for-the-canon-eos-rebel-sl2/">Canon EOS Rebel SL2 / EOS 200D / Kiss X9 Body</a></strong></li>
<li>Canon EOS Rebel SL2 w/18-55 f/4-5.6 IS STM</li>
<li>Canon EOS Rebel SL2 w/18-55 f/4-5.6 IS STM & 55-250mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM</li>
<li>Available in late July 2017</li>
</ul>
<hr />
<ul>
<li>Canon Protection Cloth PC-E2</li>
</ul>
<hr />
<p>As far as a new mirrorless camera goes, we’re not sure what’s going on there. We’ve heard from two sources that one is coming and it has been reported elsewhere on the web as well. I would suspect it’s coming some time in July along with a PowerShot or two.</p>
<p><em>More to come on that front.</em></p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>
<div style="font-size:0px;height:0px;line-height:0px;margin:0;padding:0;clear:both"></div>

Luds34 said:
Got my finger on the trigger for pre-order! Just hope these cameras arrive sooner then the expected August time frame.

It's walking the line for me too. I have a huge vacation coming up that I need a FF for. I'll be doing ultra-low-light photography, and need time to get comfortable with the camera. Will only have 2 months at best.

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013
Angler13 said:
Does it seem strange that the 6D Mk II would be less that the Mk I at release? The original 6D was $2099, and the Mk II is supposed to be cheaper at $1999?

I looked around and found that the original 5D mk III pricing was $3499, and the 5D mk IV was also $3499.

Not complaining if it's $1999, just curious what others think.

the Yen was at a all time high the for the first 6D.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
lightwriter said:
So how long after Canon announces a new body do preorders typically begin? Or does it vary by the vendor?

Often the day of the announcement, but it does vary by vendor. The other thing that varies is when vendors get stock to fill the preorders, for example, Amazon is usually a but behind B&H and Adorama (but not always).

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
lightwriter said:
So how long after Canon announces a new body do preorders typically begin? Or does it vary by the vendor?

Often the day of the announcement, but it does vary by vendor. The other thing that varies is when vendors get stock to fill the preorders, for example, Amazon is usually a but behind B&H and Adorama (but not always).

So it looks like I need to transfer the money I have in my savings account to checking today.

Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
neuroanatomist said:
lightwriter said:
So it looks like I need to transfer the money I have in my savings account to checking today.

Yeah...I just moved $30 to cover the cost of the exciting new PC-E2. ;D

Neuro needed an first party Canon kleenex to collect his tears from the lack of 4K on the 6D2.

- A

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Unsolicited advice for those considering pre-orders.

Take some time to explore financing options, even if you have the cash on hand.

You will be paying an early-adopters premium, so you might as well explore using other people's money to ease the cash flow and save a few bucks. Most of the large retailers have some type of interest-free for six to 12 months plan. (Usually through Pay Pal, but some are in-house). As long as you have the discipline to pay it off before the promotional period is over, you will have the use of your money longer, won't need to deplete savings and it won't cost you anything more. (Be sure to read and understand the terms, of course).

I bought a 1DX II last year. Had it paid off in eight months with no interest paid and was able to avoid tapping into about half of the money I had put aside for the purchase (by paying out of cash flow).

I know others on this forum are absolutely dead set against financing purchases. It's a personal decision. But, if you are adult enough to order a $2,000 camera, you should be adult enough to drink borrow responsibly.

Upvote 0