Canon Gear Being Announced in the Next 24 Hours

Billybob

800mm f/11 because a cellphone isn't long enough!
May 22, 2016
jmoya said:
I need this now! Going to Malaysia mid Aug!!!!! Still hoping for a miracle! Hoping Canon has something up it's sleeve to surprise us with something not leaked. Hoping for something we can get one up on the Nikon, Sony fanboys!

DPAF, AF-On button, and touchscreen not good enough for you? How about a full range of killer f/4 zoom lenses (Nikon has an excellent f/4 70-200mm lens, but the rest of their f/4 lenses either don't exist or are weak).

If this camera has more than a 3 second buffer at full burst rate and improves on the DR from the 5D MIV, then this camera has a legitimate claim to being the best entry-level FF camera on the market.

Upvote 0

hmatthes

EOS-R, RF and EF Lenses of all types.
My 6D-I captures images I can sell. It will continue to work well for me. Until...
Maybe Canon will have an incentive this Fall!

Please, please, please: a sale for 6D-II with any "L" lens at a bundle price!
6D-II bundled with the 135/2.0L -- I could not refuse!

But if the "PC-E2" has "Eye-controlled" lint collection, I'm a goner! Early adoption time!!!

Upvote 0
leadin2 said:
ScottyP said:
Never mind the cameras. Tell me more about this protective cloth!

Agree. Wished they leak more specifications rather than a one-liner announcement, making me nervous.

Is this just another rumor, or can we actually expect a 2017 cloth release? Plus, this thing better be full sized. I'm not wasting my money on an amateur cropped cloth.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Angler13 said:
leadin2 said:
ScottyP said:

Agree. Wished they leak more specifications rather than a one-liner announcement, making me nervous.

Is this just another rumor, or can we actually expect a 2017 cloth release? Plus, this thing better be full sized. I'm not wasting my money on an amateur cropped cloth.

If it doesn't have dual pouches for SD Cards it is DOA.

On the other hand, it could be a perfect accessory/alternative for lens cap photographers.

Upvote 0

Keith_Reeder

I really don't mind offending trolls.
Feb 8, 2014
Blyth, NE England
It actually got to 9th place in BH Photo's 2016 list of most innovative camera accessories!

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/explora/photography/features/best-2016-10-innovative-photography-accessories

Who says Canon doesn't innovate?

;)

(Joking apart, I could actually see me getting some use out of this...)

Upvote 0
Angler13 said:
Does it seem strange that the 6D Mk II would be less that the Mk I at release? The original 6D was $2099, and the Mk II is supposed to be cheaper at $1999?

I looked around and found that the original 5D mk III pricing was $3499, and the 5D mk IV was also $3499.

Not complaining if it's $1999, just curious what others think.

What would it be strange? They are releasing a camera that will be outdated severly in 6 months. Canon users just need to tell themselves that NO OTHER cameras exist and this is the best you can get. Sadly all Canon users are hooked on the lens crack-pipe, a train they cant get off.

Upvote 0
Vishal said:
deadwrong said:
They are releasing a camera that will be outdated severly in 6 months. Canon users just need to tell themselves that NO OTHER cameras exist and this is the best you can get. Sadly all Canon users are hooked on the lens crack-pipe, a train they cant get off.
Do elaborate..............

Hey, he or she is just being...deadwrong.

Upvote 0
Feb 28, 2013
deadwrong said:
Angler13 said:
Does it seem strange that the 6D Mk II would be less that the Mk I at release? The original 6D was $2099, and the Mk II is supposed to be cheaper at $1999?

I looked around and found that the original 5D mk III pricing was $3499, and the 5D mk IV was also $3499.

Not complaining if it's $1999, just curious what others think.

What would it be strange? They are releasing a camera that will be outdated severly in 6 months. Canon users just need to tell themselves that NO OTHER cameras exist and this is the best you can get. Sadly all Canon users are hooked on the lens crack-pipe, a train they cant get off.

When was the last time you judged a photograph based on the camera that took it? At my camera club they could not care less, on Flickr no one cares, on 500px no one cares, customers don't care so if you have nothing positive to say and leak dribble I suggest you visit a gallery to learn how to take images.

Upvote 0
Jan 21, 2015
Angler13 said:
leadin2 said:
ScottyP said:

The 6DII will be my first FF but I will still have a 7D and a Rebel, will I be able to use the FF protective cloth on my crop sensor bodies like I use my EF lenses? Sorry for the newbie question.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Vishal said:
deadwrong said:
They are releasing a camera that will be outdated severly in 6 months. Canon users just need to tell themselves that NO OTHER cameras exist and this is the best you can get. Sadly all Canon users are hooked on the lens crack-pipe, a train they cant get off.
Do elaborate..............

Just re-read his username, that will clear everything up.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
djack41 said:
Poor Canon. It announces small upgrades while Sony and Fuji leap forward with cutting edge cameras like the A9 and the GFX. Nikon is about to celebrate its 100th birthday so expect big product releases in July. Wake up Canon!

Yes. Poor Canon. They are crying all the way to the bank.

Upvote 0